Automation Testing Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Automation Testing Engineer
NYC Parks helps bring together people from all over our great city. From the iconic Central Park to neighborhood playgrounds, we own and operate some of the most exemplary green spaces in the world. At NYC Parks, our mission is to plan resilient and sustainable parks, public spaces, and recreational amenities, build a park system for the present and future generations, and care for parks and public spaces.
The Department of Parks and Recreation’s Information Technology (IT) department is looking for an Automation Testing Engineer with test automation and performance testing background who will help the Agency achieve its quality goals through implementing various quality standards at various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
The selected candidate will ensure high-quality software delivery by planning, implementing and automating quality assurance testing. Responsibilities include developing test plans, creating test cases, writing test automation code and reporting results.
You will enjoy the camaraderie found at Parks while working for the public good. NYC Parks offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package that includes pension, excellent health benefits, competitive vacation/sick days and a healthy work-life balance. NYC Parks also offers innovation, leadership, the satisfaction of public service and a place to grow and develop your career. Full-time employees are also eligible for a wide variety of City benefits and perks.
Health Care Coverage - We offer a wide variety of health care plans to meet the needs of you and your family.
Pension - Upon retirement, qualified members of the City’s generous pension program receive a guaranteed salary and health benefits for the rest of their lives.
Professional Development - We offer numerous training programs, leadership development opportunities, and career coaching services, while encouraging employees to attend approved off-site trainings and seminars.
Perks - Our employees are eligible for discounts on some of the top attractions in the city, and all employees receive free membership to our recreation centers.
• Plan and implement testing (e.g., regression, functional, data validation, system integration, load, or performance tests) for new and existing functionality.
• Work closely with development teams to design testing strategies and integrate testing into the development process.
• Plan, create, execute and automate test cases, work with business partners, developers and other stakeholders.
• Document and analyze test results and recommend corrective action.
• Isolate, reproduce, manage, and maintain defects and test case databases, and verify fixes.
• Support user acceptance testing conducted by business partners or end users.
• Conduct exploratory testing and risk analysis for complex features, e.g., those that span across platforms or teams.
• Identify opportunities to reduce testing time and effort by automating repeatable tests.
• Enhance and maintain the test automation framework.
• Understand and apply automated testing approaches such as model-based testing or record-and-replay.
• Research, recommend and implement new testing technologies and practices, such as incorporating machine learning.
• Define and champion quality and testing best practices among development teams.
• Collaborate and share information with other software Quality Assurance engineers, e.g., by participating in a community of practice.
1. A Baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure.
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or “2” above.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
2. Experience writing test automation scripts.
3. Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) and running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification.
4. Experience designing and implementing test plans for Commercial-Off-The Shelf solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, ESRI) or customized web-based applications.
5. Experience with test management tools (e.g., TestRail, XRay, Qtest, Quality Center).
6. Experience with test automation frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Appium, Puppeteer, Playwright).
7. Experience with application performance monitoring and observability tools.
8. Attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate and document defects.
9. Strong knowledge of agile practices and experience with agile planning tools (e.g., Jira).
10. Effective verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
11. Experience with application security testing is a plus.
12. Experience with Accessibility testing compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act.
13. Experience designing, construction Performance Testing Frameworks; Scripting using industry proven tool.
14. Collaboration skills and ability to work on a team.
15. Adaptability and willingness to learn.
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000 plus excellent benefits
Work Location: Arsenal West, Manhattan
Open Until Filled
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 543004
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.
THE CITY OF NEW YORK IS AN INCLUSIVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO RECRUITING AND RETAINING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND PROVIDING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT IS FREE FROM DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT BASED UPON ANY LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS OR PROTECTED CHARACTERISTIC, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN INDIVIDUAL'S SEX, RACE, COLOR, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, RELIGION, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, VETERAN STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY, OR PREGNANCY.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVICE FOR THE DEAF: (212) 504-4115
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at NYC Parks