Psychologist Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates traumatic brain injury survivors and proposes a treatment plan for mental health and personal growth.
- Studies factors that affect human behavior.
- Administers & interprets psychological tests.
- Counseling: Provides counseling by leading group or individual sessions.
- Behavioral: Researches variations in behavioral patterns over a person’s lifespan, examines societal trends, and attempts to correct disorders caused by improper development.
- Forensic: Works with legal representatives, acts as experts in various cases, and assesses disability.
- Clinical: Works to prevent, diagnose, and treat post TBI mental disorders, and works with physicians to determine the best course of treatment for patients.
- Unrestricted NYS license.
- Superior communication skills.
- Research skills.
- Interest in how people think and process information.
- Ability to empathize with a wide range of people.
- Listening skills.
- Capacity for handling stressful and possible volatile situations.
- Willing to learn from an experienced neuropsychologist
NYC Medical and Neurological Offices
New York, NY