NYC Medical and Neurological Offices Elmhurst, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Psychologist Job Responsibilities:
- Talks to individuals and fosters their positive mental health and personal growth.
- Evaluates patients’ needs and accommodates them accordingly.
- Studies factors that affect human behavior.
- Develops treatment plans.
- Administers psychological tests and determines results.
- Counseling: Provides counseling by leading group or individual sessions.
- Behavioral: Researches variations in behavioral patterns over a person’s lifespan, examines societal trends, and attempts to correct disorders caused by improper development.
- Forensic: Works with law enforcement officials and acts as experts in various legal cases, assesses competency, works with witnesses, and performs psychological evaluations.
- Clinical: Works to prevent, diagnose, and treat mental disorders, and works with physicians to determine the best course of treatment for patients.
- Knowledge of psychological theory and practice
- Superior communication skills
- Research skills
- Interest in how people think and process information
- Ability to empathize with a wide range of people
- Listening skills
- Capacity for handling stressful and possible volatile situations
NYC Medical and Neurological Offices