NY Kids Club-Chicago is the premier children's enrichment center in Lincoln Park and originally based in New York City. Our industry renowned curriculum is cultivated by our creative, talented, forward-thinking teams. We set the standard for innovative, stimulating children's classes, preschool, day camps, birthday celebrations, and special events. NY Kids Club boasts a company culture that nurtures talent and promotes all high-performing team members on the basis of merit. We pride ourselves on an environment that calls for people who are fun-loving, have a great sense of humor, have pride in what they do and take their work seriously.
As an Assistant Preschool Teacher, you will:
- Implement our unique and original curriculum
- Assess student abilities and progress
- Be familiar with NAEYC standards
- Be well-mannered
- Have a high level of enthusiasm and professionalism
- Be confident when speaking with parents and caregivers
Desired Skills + Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or Special Education highly recommended) or in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent observation and supervision skills
- Experience in a Preschool Classroom setting
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Flexible workload based on availability
- Eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k)
- Excellent PTO program
- On-the-job training and ongoing professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Reduced gym-cost membership
- Access to preferred seating and special offers for top shows, attractions, theme parks, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more through Plum Benefits
- Commuter benefits through TransitChek
- Company-wide events and team bonding activities
- Energetic and collaborative team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
NY Kids Club is an EEO Employer
The NY Kids Club complies with all requirements set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act, City, State, and Federal law. If you require any accommodation in the completion of this application, please reach out to email@example.com