Technical Business Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a young and vibrant organization with a strong foundation and looking for the next set of leaders to grow the business.
Fully company-paid healthcare for you and your family
Monthly expense of $100 paid towards health and wellness expenses of your choice – gym memberships, yoga classes, massages, etc.
Monthly reimbursement for phone bill up to $100
Unlimited paid annual leave
Work from anywhere as long as quality work is getting done
Flexible hours – take breaks, cater to your personal and family appointments during the day as needed, core hours 9-4
We want our employees to be eternal learners – we will pay for reasonable and relevant trainings and certifications
We want you to participate in the company’s growth – healthy bonus and performance-based commissions to be discussed during the hiring process depending on the applicability to the role
- Diligently perform design, functionality, categorization, and inventory analyses of IT systems at an enterprise, line of business, and service team level.
- Confidently provide technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, and ensuring its progress is in accordance with the schedule.
- Routinely prepare narrative reports, spreadsheets, milestone status reports, and/or visual presentations of analyses for audiences at the executive, management, subject matter expert, and staff levels.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager to ensure problem solutions and user satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations and provides daily supervision and direction to support staff.
- B.S. Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or 3 years of equivalent experience in a related field.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working independently or under general direction on complex application problems involving all phases of systems analysis.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing and designing business applications for large-scale or mid-tier computer systems or LAN-based systems, including Database Management Systems and programming languages.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current storage and retrieval methods.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate specifications for computer programmers to use in coding, testing, and debugging of computer programs.
- Demonstrable understanding of common modeling and analysis techniques (e.g., use cases using UML and workflows using BPMN), as well as system interface diagrams, application interface specifications, web application design characteristics, mainframe design characteristics, virtualization, convergence, and data storage system design characteristics.
- Experienced with office automation applications that are part of Google Suite as well as Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Visio.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and able to deliver products on an accelerated basis when required.
- Familiar with Agile project methods.
- Candidate is expected to work in the office as requested by the client.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the USA
- Pre-employment drug test is required.
- Pre-employment background check will be run
- In addition, once hired, there will be an FBI Fingerprinting and background check as part of the security process for access to government systems.
Talent & Cultural fit Requirements (The environment we are creating)
Below are general qualities we look for in our team:
Solid communicators – people who believe not just in doing the work but being able to effectively communicate the value of the work they perform
Highly collaborative team mentality – the project we are recruiting for is fast-paced, multi-faceted, with team members from various organizations working on a collaborative initiative. We need talent who recognize and appreciate the work of their team members, and understand their contributions are part of a larger vision / purpose
Mindset of simplification and getting the job done – the project we are recruiting for is extremely complex. We are looking for people who have a problem-solving mentality and ability to simplify complex situations
Start with Why? – we are looking for people who think about the mission and purpose of the work they are doing
Empathetic with high EQ – of course we want technically-sound people, but we like them a lot more when they have good attitudes. Bring positive energy and bring the team with you.
AddressNorth Bethesda, MD
Get fresh Technical Business jobs daily straight to your inbox!