Abatement Materials Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NWFF Environmental is a leader in Spill Response, Emergency Environmental and Health and Safety Services within the Pacific Northwest. NWFF offers Professional, Technical and Support services in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. NWFF has an immediate opening for a Technical Services position located in Philomath, OR. This Technical Services position is for a full-time responder position who will spend 30 – 50% of time working on scheduled abatement projects (asbestos, lead, methamphetamine, and mold).
Duties (may include, but not limited to)
- Environmental cleanup operations in and out of energized power substations
- Oil spill response
- Work in & around water
- Commercial vehicle operations
- Equipment operations: hand tools (hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, gas powered), forklift, and heavy equipment (excavators, loaders, backhoes)
- Deploying, retaining, and processing of absorbent materials
- Asbestos, lead, methamphetamine, and mold abatement and/or supervision
- Current OR Asbestos Supervisor credentials or Worker credentials with requisite hours/jobs complete to qualify for Supervisor training/credentialing
- Legal to work and drive in the United States
- Valid driver’s license & satisfactory driving record for past three years
- Pre-employment drug test
- Pre-employment DOT physical & medically qualified to wear a respirator
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Safe work practices
- Available to work any day of the week and weekends
- Available for after hour emergency response
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in high pressure circumstances and achieve required deadlines
- Ability to wear a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus. (SCBA)
- Ability to work in a level B suit (self-contained suit) and SCBA for up to three hours.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate (training available)
- Current OR Methamphetamine Supervisor credentials
- Mold Abatement Training/Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Emergency Response Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.