JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for oversight and administration of the credit functions of NWBDA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and supervise the Credit Analysts also known as Processors to ensure the accurate and timely completion of loan application packages and 327 action requests submitted by the Loan Officers. Oversee the submission of pre-approval items to include but not limited to franchise agreements, 912 issues, verification of immigration, etc.
- Assist with review of appraisal and environmental reports to ensure compliance with SBA policy.
- Review completed credit write-ups for eligibility, accuracy and credit worthiness and prepare a request for approval to Loan Committee and/or Board of Directors, if approval is warranted. Decline any loan applications that are not credit worthy.
- Provide training as necessary to ensure credit analysts meet minimum SBA requirements for credit analysis skills.
- Assist Loan Officers, when needed, with appropriate structure of loan and/or eligibility requirements per current SBA SOP.
- Ensure all loan applications processed are risk rated appropriately at time of approval.
- Monitor SBA ASM Audits and Screen-outs with weekly meetings to discuss changes in NWBDA policy to prevent additional screen-outs in the future. Monitor SBA rankings to ensure NWBDA remains at or above the CDC averages.
- Attend monthly Loan Officer meetings to discuss changes in SBA policy and/or interpretation of policy.
- Ensure Credit Policy and Procedures manual remains in compliance with SBA and provide recommended changes to Board of Directors as necessary.
- Create and maintain an Operations Manual for all functions in the Processing Department.
- Work with the Servicing Department to ensure financial analysis is completed at least annually on all loans in NWBDA Portfolio.
- On a quarterly basis, provide an internal audit of two (2) loans in the Servicing Department to ensure compliance with SBA policy.
- Work with the Closing Department to resolve issues that may arise during the funding process.
- Complete performance reviews for employees of the Processing Department annually or more frequently if warranted. Provide coaching sessions, and if necessary, disciplinary actions.
- Make recommendations to NWBDA President for procedural changes to promote efficiencies within the company.
- Submit on a monthly basis, a detailed breakdown of all expenses incurred for all out-of-pocket costs including mileage. Failure on your part to provide this needed report within 90 days of each month end can result in a denial of reimbursement.
- Attempt to attend all meetings where your presence is requested by management.
- Assist with other requests or duties as requested by management
- Comply with all Northwest Business Development Association’s policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field, or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Previous lending experience in areas of Credit Analysis, Loan Review, Loan Documentation, Prudent Lending, SBA Standard Operating Procedures, Loan Regulation Compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency in PC applications including Windows, MS Word, MS Excel. Experience in SBA 504 Ventures+ is desirable.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team building and interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people in various positions within the company.
- Good coaching skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Good follow through on projects and deliverables.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects.
- Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity; and
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Normal office environment.
Why Work Here?Northwest Business Development Association's Mission is to promote small business success, job growth and community economic strength by serving as the Northwest's premier resource connecting borrowers and lenders with Government enhanced capital asset financing.
Come be part of an organization that has been supporting small business communities throughout Washington, Idaho and Oregon since 1982!