JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records functions of NWBDA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain accurate books and records using the accrual accounting method, including manual entries to the general ledger, as required. Provide monthly reports to the NWBDA President for review and submission to the Board of Directors;
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash account ensuring requests over $100.00 in any month are reported to the President;
- Ensure all deposits, including cash deposits, are deposited into correct accounts under dual custody procedures;
- Calculate and pay Loan Officer commissions based on performance levels;
- Ensure all taxes and vendors are paid within set terms and all payments/checks are signed by an authorized signor within his/her signing authority;
- Ensure all bank statements are scanned for unusual items or entries and any possible alterations made to checks. Reconcile all bank accounts on a monthly basis and forward a copy to the President. Checks older than 6 months should be voided and reissued with a stop payment if necessary;
- Monitor all certificates of deposits for maturity and advise President when they are becoming due;
- Oversee payroll on a bi-weekly basis processed through PayNorthwest ensuring all payroll taxes, quarterly taxes, and deductions for benefits are appropriately deducted and paid;
- Maintain and update the depreciation/amortization schedule on a monthly basis;
- Work with the certified public accountant on an annual basis to prepare audited financial statements and tax returns;
- Work with the Servicing Department to ensure financial analysis is completed at least annually on all Portfolio loans;
- At least annually, by October 31, prepare and file unclaimed property reports in all states where we consistently transact business; and
- Assist the President with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Comply with NWBDA Financial and Investment Policies;
- Attempt to attend all training classes/webinars provided by NWBDA that will benefit your position;
- Attempt to attend all meetings where your presence is requested by management;
- Assist with other requests or duties as requested by management; and
- Comply with all NWBDA's policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent on-the-job training; and
- Previous experience in areas of Bookkeeping and Accounting. Credit Analysis/Risk Rating and SBA Standard Operating Procedures are preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Strong proficiency in PC applications including Quickbooks, Windows, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good team building and interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people in various positions within the company;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules;
- Good follow through on projects and deliverables;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects; and
- Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity; and
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Normal office environment.
Why Work Here?Northwest Business Development Association's Mission is to promote small business success, job growth and community economic strength by serving as the Northwest's premier resource connecting borrowers and lenders with Government enhanced capital asset financing.
Come be part of an organization that has been supporting small business communities throughout Washington, Idaho and Oregon since 1982!
Spokane Valley, WA