Regional Portfolio Manager – Multi-Family Properties
Our client, a well-established Real Estate Developer has a rare opening for a Regional Portfolio Manager. They have recently increased their commercial and multi-family portfolio and it is valued at over $2.5 billion. They are looking for an experienced Regional Portfolio Manager to join their team and help the current Portfolio team and Director ensure all properties are performing effectively.
The ideal candidate will have over 7 years’ minimum experience working in the multi-family commercial real estate arena, be strong financially and have supervised teams. High-rise experience is a plus.
As the Regional Portfolio Manager, you will be 100% responsible for the operations, tenant experience and financial performance of your portfolio. You will work closely with the Investment Portfolio Manager and will report to the Director of Asset & Property Management.
This RE Developer has a strong reputation in the industry with a diverse portfolio and business operations. There is ample opportunity for growth in the Development, Asset Management, and Construction segments of their business.
Regional Portfolio Manager Responsibilities:
- Develops the annual budget(s) for their assigned communities and oversees attainment of budgeted goals by analyzing and evaluating financial performance, reconciling monthly statements against approved budget.
- Ensures that individual communities meet the established operational, financial, and business performance goals by inspecting properties, reviewing financials, market, and operational reports, and developing and implementing appropriate action plans to achieve results.
- Provides leadership to the team of Property Managers by interviewing, hiring, and training team members.
- Oversees and responsible for appropriate and adequate staffing at each community and supervises the talent acquisition, development, and management of community team members.
- Promotes company satisfaction through timely reporting and ongoing communication about the performance of the properties.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets market data to identify emerging trends that may impact the performance of the portfolio, and works with the Investment Portfolio Manager, Property Managers, and others to develop and implement market plans that drive occupancy and revenue growth.
- Ensures that the appearance and physical aspects of the properties meet the established standards through routine site and safety inspections.
- Coordinates work activities and services from vendors, consultants, and other contractors as needed by researching and identifying needs, negotiating contracts, monitoring progress, processing invoices, and ensuring open communication between consultants and project team members.
- Inspects the properties on a regular basis for safety hazards, property damage, and needed repairs by maintenance staff. Follows up on repairs to verify completion and compliance with property insurance companies, OSHA, government agencies, safety policies and risk management procedures.
- Adhere to the branding guide to maintain brand integrity across community and property management platforms.
- Collaborate with Investment Portfolio Manager to assess changes in the rental market through analysis of traffic and rental records.
- Supervise maintenance programs that encompass interior and exterior conditions and appearance of properties.
- Reviews and monitors the completion of all capital projects approved in the annual business plan.
Regional Portfolio Manager Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience in Multi-family Property Management.
- Minimum 4 years in a Supervisory Role.
- 5+ years managing multiple sites.
- Bachelors Degree in real estate, accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Solid experience creating and managing a budget and producing monthly, quarterly and yearly variance reports.
- ARM, CPM, CAM designation preferred.
- WA Real Estate license desired.
- Working knowledge of Yardi software.
- Competent in MS Office and relevant databases and software.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized with excellent time management skills.