Project Engineer - Commercial GC
NW Recruiting Partners Tacoma, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Engineer - Commercial Construction
A large Commercial GC has an immediate need for an experienced Project Engineer to help run their commercial developments that are primarily focused in the Tacoma/Seattle area.
The firm has a strong reputation in the industry for being innovative, are known for their commitment to client service, integrity and quality in construction. They are looking for someone who is self-motivated, organized and is a team player.
As the Project Engineer, you will be involved in all facets of the project from inception to finish. Experience in estimating, structures and civil is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ work experience and be highly technically skilled.
Project Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with project architects, designers, owners, and field personnel.
- Responsible for generating Request for Information (RFI) and submittals.
- Inspects all work to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Manages project subcontractors.
- Offers technical information to project supervisor to insure work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- General understanding of project budget; assist with buyouts
- Monitor and track project quality control metrics and activities on a regular basis, provide timely and accurate quality reports, and raise issues to PM or Superintendent as appropriate.
- Facilitator of the BIM process
- LEED documentation
- Generation of project punch list and closeout documentation
Project Engineer Qualifications:
- 2+ years of demonstrated expertise (either through internships or work experience) in commercial projects (i.e. tenant improvements, multi-family & multi use, corporate & institutional structures)
- Excellent communications skills required for interaction with vendors, designers, consultants, and clients.
- MS Expert – Word, Excel, Project. **AutoCAD and Revit a bonus!
- Broad knowledge of LEAN and BIM techniques.
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
NW Recruiting PartnersWhy Work Here?
Our powerful presence in the Northwest give you unparalleled opportunities when seeking a new position.
We started recruiting in 1998. NW Recruiting Partners is a leading provider of construction, real estate, finance and operations professionals. Our services include direct-hire and contract/temporary offerings. NW Recruiting Partners is uniquely positioned to partner with our clients to consistently provide the best solution for their recruiting and hiring needs. Whether a Fortune 500 or start-up, our clients continually look to us to help solve their most complex project or staffing issues.