Manufacturing General Manager - Operations
NW MT HR Solutions, LLC Polson, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
Located in beautiful NW Montana, this company is an industry leader in their unique wood processing facility. Utilizing state of the art European technology and wood from North America, they produce a quality product that is in high demand and distributed nationwide. Because of this demand, they are expanding and adding to their team. This position offers the successful candidate a career opportunity allowing them to utilize their skills in leadership, technology, safety, development, and strategy. Company offers a very competitive wage and outstanding benefits.
Reporting to the President, the General Manager-Operations is a key member of the Management team and will assume a strategic role in the overall management and positioning of the growth strategy of the company. The General Manager-Operations is responsible for operational departments including safety, production, quality assurance, facilities, supply chain, cost savings initiatives, and ensuring the organization maintains strict compliance with all regulatory agencies. The General Manager-Operations will ensure margins, strategic initiatives and goals are achieved on-time and within stated objectives and is expected to ensure a productive and performance-based working environment.
Safety is #1: Our expectation is that our management team:
- Continuously strives to reduce the frequency of total employee incidents and injuries.
- Continuously strives to reduce the frequency of employee incident and injuries resulting in days away from work, restricted duty and/or job transfer.
- Minimum compliance achieved on annual safety audits or assessments.
- Maintain operations that are compliant with OSHA and other applicable safety and health regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy Development and Execution
- Reports to and works closely with the President to set out and execute strategies for the vision and growth of the organization.
- Assist senior leadership in the development and formulation of short- and long-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develop the production plan in conjunction with the Plant Manager and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of production operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Develops and implements an organization plan, which includes achieving maximum direct labor profit, delineating responsibilities and authority and creating an environment which fosters continuous improvement.
- Manages operational budget and other financial measures.
- Oversee management of all areas of production and direct activities to ensure products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Review existing status of daily output standards versus actual and identify the bottle necks affecting production. Increase labor output, reduce overtime, and meet or exceed production standards.
- Conduct root causes analysis as needed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with Sr. Leadership, Specific Customers and Production regarding new product development and efficient production to ensure successful customer product launches.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead with costs meeting the budgetary plan.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste, monitor waste and rework. Direct the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards.
- Review and upgrade performance metrics and lean manufacturing processes resulting in production savings and increased profitability.
- Review trucking logistics and timing as often as necessary. Review and improve policies and procedures as needed.
- Provide necessary functional support to ensure successful passing on all audits.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to production procedures (i.e., safety, training, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.)
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (i.e., new plant layout changes, installation of additional equipment, major repairs, etc.)
- Formulate and recommend production policies and programs that guide TWT in maintaining and improving its competitive positions and the profitability of the operation.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the Plant Manager(s) to accomplish goals of the organization, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Act as a liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies, and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal state and local regulations.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach; assign accountabilities, set objective, establish priorities, monitor, and evaluate results.
EDUCATIONAL and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical engineering or business administration.
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing/production management, preferably in the wood industry or process-orientated operations and/or related industry.
- Computer proficient with ability to present function specifications.
- Experience working with production/manufacturing-based technology, processes and principles is required.
- Successful implementation of manufacturing Lean principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Direct and concise communication skills. Active listener.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior written and oral communications skills with the ability to present at multiple levels in the organization in a way that focuses, inspires, and engages others to deliver results.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office, i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook at an intermediate or advanced level.
Applications without a detailed cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Powered by JazzHR
NW MT HR Solutions, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at NW MT HR Solutions, LLC