Tile Specialist Technician
- Posted: 4 days ago
Northwest Facilities & Equipment Maintenance (NWFEM) provides commercial equipment and facilities maintenance and repair for quick serve restaurants and commercial businesses in the Portland, OR and Seattle, WA metropolitan areas. We approach this work through the lens of synergy. It’s how we create outcomes that are both more efficient and enjoyable – for our internal team as well as our clients. Our long-standing relationships with customers are a testament to this commitment.
The why behind everything we do is relationships. To us, this means we work with people we enjoy, carve out an energizing work experience, and support our community.
We are looking for individuals who love their career and craft. Artisans that are excited to learn new techniques and skills to hone their trade and who are excited to share their learning with others. These will be the people that push forward our goals to become a learning organization, with a certification system that allows us to certify each other in our specialty fields, elevating the overall capability of the company, and creating empathy through understanding each other's challenges.
Our values that guide us in realizing this purpose every day are:
- Be Open
- Embrace the Challenge
- Do What You Say
- Think Brand
This is an exciting time for NWFEM! We have recently received a large backing from our biggest customer and are looking to fill multiple positions in our Facilities Service/Handyperson and Renovation department. This is an overnight shift and we are looking for both weekday and weekend coverage. We need experienced individuals but are also willing to train someone who is dependable, willing to learn, and has a great attitude. Our ideal candidates thrive in a fast-paced environment and are capable of doing a variety of tasks in a single shift. We are a learning organization and appreciate those who accept feedback are not afraid to give it. We strive to provide a career path from entry level helper to Project Manager/Superintendent and we have a history of promoting from within.
- Tuesday - Friday, 7PM - 5AM (3 Days Off)
- Wednesday - Saturday, 7PM - 5AM (3 Days Off)
- Thursday - Sunday, 7PM - 5AM (3 Days Off)
- Friday - Monday, 7PM - 5AM (3 Days Off)
- 2+ years of Handywork/Renovation experience (drywall, painting, flooring, light electrical, light plumbing, tile, casework/solid surface, woodworking, etc.)
- 2+ years direct wall and floor tile removal and installation experience
- Maintain workplace safety and cleanliness
- Possess a strong, clean driving record, be insurable.
- Advance SYNERGY and our shared values daily.
- Possess a thorough understanding of tools, safety equipment, and their proper uses.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and pass driver's background check.
- Lifelong learner
- Positive Attitude
- Open to new/different ways of doing things
- Excellent communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Our Facilities Service Technicians are capable of repair, maintenance, and renovation from floor to ceiling in a commercial restaurant environment.
- Deliver, install, or retrieve equipment/furniture as needed.
- Provide exceptional building maintenance and repair, in various restaurants and retail facilities throughout Portland Metro area.
- Assess jobs, provide estimates to management, and procure materials for work to be done by other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Become well rounded in commercial retail and maintenance, commercial construction, and grow professionally
What We Offer
- Profit sharing program
- 401k with company match
- Medical plan with dental and vision
- Flexible PTO plan
- Company provided devices
Upon submission, you will receive an application confirmation email. Please make sure to add app.bamboohr.com to your trusted sender list or regularly check your junk folder to ensure that you receive all correspondence regarding your application.
Salary will be dependent upon experience and skills. NWFEM offers comprehensive medical and dental insurance coverage following 60 days (about 2 months) of employment. Employees are eligible to participate in the company’s 401k/retirement plan following 1 year of employment. NWFEM is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in our workforce. NWFEM provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job description. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
NW Facilities & Equipment Maintenance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?