We are looking for an experienced truck driver with a valid class A CDL to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner. Employee will also be assisting in the yard to load and unload, accept deliveries, and assist in the warehouse when necessary.
-Transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers. Loading and Unloading products for customers using P.I.T. equipment and or by hand depending on site and customer need.
-Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
-Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
-Assisting in receiving inventory, documenting and operating lifting equipment to move pallets in enclosed warehouse. Loading customer’s vehicles with product.
Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
-Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
-Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
-Collect and verify delivery instructions
-Report defects, accidents or violations
· Proven work experience as a truck driver and hyster operator
· Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
· Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
· No recent moving or driving violations
· Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
· Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
· Trucking school diploma
· Valid CDL driving license
· Ability to load products safely with knowledge of weight distribution and load securing techniques as required
· Knowledge of construction & concrete materials and or / bi-lingual speaking is not required but will be considered for job.
· Physical Requirements: Able to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. These tasks require the ability to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 80 pounds. The Team Member should have adequate fitness level to meet the demands of frequent lifting, walking, standing, moderate climbing of stairs, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. May be required to operate P.I.T. equipment. Team Member will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements.
· Working Conditions: Team Member will work in a non-climate controlled Distribution or Warehouse atmosphere, in which outside weather conditions greatly affect the building’s temperature although fans and heaters are used. Team Member may also be exposed to or work in a restricted space, fumes and airborne particles as regulated by OSHA.
Compensation – DOE
Approx. 40 hours per week
1 week Paid vacation after one year
Medical offered – 401K available after 6 months of employment