We are a general ophthalmology/LASIK practice located in Huntington Beach is looking for a licensed and experienced dispensing optician with an outgoing personality, strong sales mentality, and expert fitting and dispensing skills to run our optical boutique. Our motto is that we will help our patients to see their best and to look their best and we depend upon our optician to prioritize both of these goals.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the proper sale, fit, and delivery of glasses to our Optical Patients in a high-volume practice by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Greet all patients at the Optical counter in a warm, engaging manner
· Assists patients with proper frame and lens selection for lifestyle and prescription needs
· Educates patients on various options for both clear lenses, sunglasses, and any other needs the patient may have.
· Communicate consistently with vendors to ensure we maintain a current frame inventory
`monthly invoice reconciliation
· Ensures proper fit and measurements for all lens types including single vision, bifocal, progressive and others.
· Educates patients on the benefits of having multiple pairs of glasses to fill all their eye care needs.
· Verifies VSP and other optical insurance the patient may have and explains their benefits.
· Dispenses glasses and makes sure patients knows about adaptation to new prescriptions, lens types, etc.
· Work in a collaborative manner with practice ophthalmologists
· Helps patients with repairs and adjustments and educates patients on adaptation period with new prescriptions and multifocal lenses
· Ensures patient phone calls are returned in a timely manner and patient is informed of any delays with eyewear purchased.
· Assists with any other tasks that need to be completed in the office.
· 2+ years Optician/Optical Sales
· Warm and friendly personality with the desire to exceed patient expectations
· High School Diploma or equivalent