Manager, Insurance and Payment Integrity
This position will coordinate and oversee the insurance verification, authorization, payment posting, cash reconciliation, credit balance and refund processing for our practices by supervising a team of revenue cycle management specialists. The Manager of Insurance and Payment Integrity will be responsible for managing the workflows and administration of these activities to ensure compliance with our company's best practice standards
Essential Job Duties Will Include but Not Limited To:
- Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of the medical billing and collections process.
- Act as liaison between team members and management.
- Oversee the daily workflow of these activities: insurance verification, authorization, payment posting, cash reconciliation, credit balance and refund processing. This includes but is not limited to assigning work, providing instructions to team members, prioritizing, and coordinating with other teams as applicable.
- Monitor performance and ensure quality assurance standards and benchmarks are met.
- Examine processes to ensure accuracy and conformance to company policy and procedures. Assists in identifying areas for improvement, recommending solutions to management and developing policies and procedures applicable to the insurance and payment areas.
- Responsible for daily supervision of employees including hiring, on boarding, managing work schedules, counseling, coaching, training and developing team members. Prepares and delivers performance evaluations for team members. Provides regular feedback to team members regarding performance as needed to assure a high performing team.
- Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external clients. Responds to client's questions and concerns in a thorough and timely manner. Handles escalations of issues that team is not able to resolve and escalates to leadership when appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Business accounting, Finance and Bookkeeping methods or similar field.
- 5 plus years of experience in Medical Billing & Collections, prior experience in a supervisory role or related experience.
- Prior experience with NextGen Practice Management software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.