This position is responsible for ensuring the consistent delivery of customer service that exceeds expectations of our callers and our multiple center locations. This role will ensure company success by raising conversion rates from initial phone call to consultation. The ideal candidate will have a background in Ophthalmology and will be able to support calls oriented towards Ophthalmology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephone promptly in a polite and professional manner and exceeds patient satisfaction.
- Able to answer questions related to Ophthalmology and evaluate when to escalate up.
- Presents in a professional and educated manner to all customers, patients, and Dr.'s that call in.
- Places outbound telephone calls.
- Researches and resolves issues to ensure patient retention and satisfaction.
- Directs calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager.
- Schedule appointments correctly – servicing multiple centers.
- Maintains knowledge of company products and customer service processes
- Ability to handle a Call Center environment: work quickly and multi-task.
- 2+ years experience in high volume call center preferred but willing to train the right person
- Associates degree and/or other comparable degrees a plus
- Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)