DEPUTY FACILITY MANAGER
NVE Inc. is seeking a Deputy Facility Manager (DFM) in support of an operations and maintenance (O&M) contract for a federal agency in Rockville, MD. At a minimum, the DFM shall possess at least five (5) years of recent (within the past seven (7) years) responsible and successful experience supervising staff and managing office operation concerning building maintenance and repair of buildings with equipment and systems similar in size and complexity (multi-story, class A office building). This includes but is not limited to experience in accomplishing preventive maintenance management and repairs to the following types of systems with similar rated capacities: HVAC systems, electrical systems (such as uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and high voltage switchgear), computerized fire alarm systems, emergency generators, and complex building automation systems.
The DFM shall generally be available on-site from 9:30am to 6:00pm, Monday-Friday and at any other times required to effectively manage all contract work. Must be able to report to the facility within one (1) hour, in case of emergency. The DFM shall have at least a college Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business management, property management, real estate management, or other degree in office building management, engineering, or operation; or combination of education and work experience in the building trades equaling six (6) years (applicable industry workshops and seminars may be considered when combined with industry work experience).
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the Project Manager (PM) and acts as the PM when the PM is not available in directing and the overall planning, development, and administration of the facilities O&M program, including staff and subcontractor coordination and supervision.
- Serves as secondary POC to client COR (but primary when PM is not available).
- Assists in the management and delivery of documentation requirements of the Contract, including daily reporting, weekly progress meetings, and elements outlined in the contract requirements.
- Administers or assists in the administration of new construction, remodeling, and maintenance repair projects at the site (typically part of projects outside of the basic scope and a separate task order); including development of proposals that address the scope of work, trades and subcontractors within the project, and monitoring of project priorities and deadlines.
- Assists in the management and monitors building maintenance operations and repairs.
- Attends contract related meetings, provides necessary reporting, and keeps track of all work in the contract in support of the PM, and as assigned.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and contractors for repair, replacement, and preventive maintenance work, including procurement of proposals, contractor selection, as well as quality and cost control.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in technical operations management in facility management systems and/or service industry to include working, coordinating, supervising, and planning mechanical/electrical maintenance functions preferred.
- Knowledge of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance.
- Government contracting experience preferred.
- Must be able to read blueprints and as-built drawings.
- Experience with Archibus a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc.).
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong planning, organizing and controlling skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA codes and regulations.
- An existing building investigation (HSPD-12) is highly desirable.
NVE - VirginiaRockville, MD
GovernmentView All NVE - Virginia Jobs
Get fresh DEPUTY FACILITY MANAGER jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.