The Sextant Group, an NV5 Company (NASDAQ: NVEE), provides design and consulting services in Audiovisual Systems, IT/Telecom, Security Systems, Technical Lighting and Acoustics.
NV5 provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions from offices nationwide and abroad. NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. We play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The IT/Telecom Structured Cabling Systems Designer’s role is to provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to telecommunications and information technologies. The position will require that the candidate actively participates in and manages several projects at the same time while ensuring efficiency, accuracy and top-quality work is being delivered to our clients.
As a project design team leader, would you excel in these roles?
- Key contributor within a project design team, bringing a future-perspective of technology
- Devise cost-effective solutions, specifically optimized for the user, which may include: Entrance Facilities, Telecomm Rooms, pathways and other infrastructure; wired/wireless and copper/fiber Structured Cabling Systems to support voice/data/video applications; Outside Plant; Distributed Antenna Systems, Data Center technologies and other leading-edge IT/Telecom solutions
- Develop high-quality information technology related infrastructure construction drawings, details, cost analysis and specifications language
- Collaborate with MEP and architectural team members and guide clients through the technology selection process
- Review submittals and shop drawings, coordinating with architects, contractors, engineers, and consultants
- Perform site walk-through to review adherence to standards and procedures
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies products/services, guidelines, standards and their applicability to potential projects
- Ensure that all work is completed on-time, in-budget, and consistently within The Sextant Group’s high standards of quality
Does this describe you?
- Three years consulting experience in the design and implementation of telecommunications systems, spaces and cable plant projects
- Intimate knowledge of services, hardware, infrastructure and systems architecture for IT
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Values that include integrity, accountability and a willingness to have fun
- Works equally well as an individual contributor or team member
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude in a fast paced and occasionally high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in AutoCAD ADT-2015 / Revit 2015 or later, Microsoft Office 2010 or later, including Word, Excel & Outlook
- BICSI Certification (active RCDD or test-ready; ITS Installer-1, or ITS Installer-2; additional certifications including OSP, WD)
- PLUSES: Physical Security System design experience, Health Care experience, PE, additional industry certifications
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.