The Sextant Group, an NV5 Company (NASDAQ: NVEE), provides design and consulting services in Audiovisual Systems, IT/Telecom, Security Systems, Technical Lighting and Acoustics.
NV5 provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions from offices nationwide and abroad. NV5 helps clients plan, design, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. We play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Software Developer Specialist’s role is to create AV Control System solutions that deliver the elegance of simplicity to complex audiovisual systems. Responsibilities focus on developing code for new, exciting, and often complex audio-visual system integrations in a range of professional environments.
Candidates should be experienced working with system designers and field integration technicians for deploying and debugging code. The position requires working in a team orientated environment while remotely working from a home office, with occasional travel to project sites. Candidates with expertise in traditional AV Control Systems (Crestron a must plus AMX, Extron, a bonus etc.) as well as a working knowledge of open-source programming languages outside of traditional AV solutions (i.e. Java-script, CSS, HTML-5) and various database skills are highly desired.
Would you excel in these roles?
- Would you excel in these roles?
- Interpreting AV Systems drawings and project Scopes of Work.
- Working with the Owner and/or our graphics team to develop intuitive graphics and UI templates.
- Developing AV Control System software to enable fully functional yet elegant software solutions..
- Supporting a third-party AV integration team with system debug and system commissioning process
- Representing The Sextant Group in a professional environment and interacting in client meetings, phone conversations and web conferences.
- Working at home with minimal day-to-day supervision and oversight.
- Ensure that all work is completed on-time, in-budget, and consistently within The Sextant Group’s, an NV5 company, high standards of quality.
Does this describe you?
- Experienced and certified by Crestron (additional experience and certifications in Extron and AMX a plus).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in professional control system programming environments and deployments.
- Experienced with Crestron Fusion.
- Experienced with basic IT networking and switching protocols.
- Knowledgeable about DSP configuration, UI development and open-source languages and development processes.
- Focused on detail and project delivery schedules.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Values that include integrity, accountability and a willingness to have fun.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- AVIXA/InfoComm CTS certification preferred.
- Strong documentation skills and communication skills.
- Experience in standard computer programming languages including C#, JSON, XML, Python, HTML5, etc. a plus
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.