Req ID: 60375
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Transformation Director / Chief Technology Officer to join our team in Austin, TX. Candidates local to Austin, TX are strongly preferred.
We are seeking the right candidate to work closely with members of the Client's Senior Executive Team across multiple external Client's to lead the strategic adoption of a multi-year transformational program. Key program objectives include increased adoptions of cloud and SaaS based solutions, quick deployment of new services, advancement of enterprise Business Analytics and Reporting capabilities, improved access anytime and anywhere and uncompromised data. The Transformation Manager/CTO will play a critical role in assisting, defining and evolving their strategic plan and will serve as the primary advisor on how best to utilize modern technology throughout the client as a whole.
The Transformation Manager/CTO will become intimately familiar with client’s charter, systems and customers; possess a clear vision of the intersection of technology and requirements, maintain a long-term view, foresee obstacles and opportunities and generate innovative ideas and intellectual property to increase client’s capability while balancing overall cost of operations.
The individual will be responsible for the following:
- ClientFacilitate agency business and IT leaders coming together to ensure IT initiatives align with overall organization priorities, ensuring the balance of tradition and innovation in Texas is achievable
- Facilitate regular sessions with Agency heads to build and/or refine strategic roadmaps that align agency technology plans with agency objectives while aligning to top statewide goals as identified in the 2018-2022 State Strategic Plan for Information Resources
- Establish governance models and standard agency service catalogs that allow for rapid decision making related to technology footprints for new features and services that ensure foundational initiatives, like security and legacy modernization, are enabling the next generation of emerging trends including cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things
- Establish and drive rationalization and modernization plans for existing portfolio
- Proactively identifies potential conflicts and issues, recommend alternatives to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvement
- Champion expansion of shared services throughout state agencies
- CompanyServe as the bridge between client needs and corporate capabilities
- Serve as an extension of our Dallas based Innovation Lab to ensure cross pollination of ideas and allow for extended benefit to customer as appropriate
- Identifies opportunities for Growth and Innovation and supports planning and execution for the same
- Participates in the development of account plan in coordination with the Sales Executive, Delivery Manager and account level Client Executive
- EmployeesProvides technical direction and vision across the various towers and associated projects
** Needs to reside in the greater Austin Texas market or be willing to relocate within the first 90 days of the engagement
Minimum of 5 years work experience as an Enterprise Architect Advisor
Preferred (NEEDED) Skills:
- 15 or more years of work experience in Enterprise Architecture advisory and/or implementation services with a demonstrated track record of delivering multiple, high quality transformational and/or modernization programs
- 10 or more years managerial/leadership experience providing IT solutions, preferably within the public sector
- Understands technology impact of emerging trends, such as, cloud and mobility on business
- Experience integrating new technology/solutions into legacy technology environments
- Broad technology knowledge and capability in solution design and implementation strategies (Big Data, Data Security, Application
- Modernization/Rationalization, GIS enablement, Infrastructure Modernization...)
- Experience managing/directing the technology and strategic direction of large transformations
- Ability to communicate clearly and present to senior C-level leadership/executives, both internal and client
- Strong listening skills and the ability to project confidence and instill trust
- Have experience in leading/controlling/organizing technical meetings
- Ability to influence and guide strategic thinking and be perceived as trusted advisor
- Well-developed ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment, interpret and apply complex and technical regulations, policies, and procedures related to customer contracts, often under significant timeline pressures and with accuracy and attention to detail
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with application and infrastructure services
- Experience managing both new feature creation and critical legacy support functions simultaneously
- Experienced in contributing to cost benefit analysis efforts. Experience with product evaluations, facilitating RFI/RFP process, proof-of-concept and selection and introduction of new technology for the enterprise using quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience leading functional or enterprise wide architecture planning and development of a multi-year roadmap through to the completion of achieving the specified improvements in costs and performance related to Transformation requirements
- Been involved in overseeing and delivering at least three Transformation and Modernization Projects of similar scope including Application Portfolio Rationalization, and/or Infrastructure Consolidation
- Experience managing outsourcing arrangements similar in scope for government agencies for at least 5 years
- Knowledge/experience with public sector clients is desired but not mandatory
- Graduate Degree
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.