Req ID: 83321
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Tier 3/4 Network Support to join our team in Washington, District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US).
- Monitoring communications connectivity (e.g., VSAT, DTS-PO, VPN/DMVPN, MPLS, and TICs), as well as the devices that terminate communications links, to ensure uninterrupted communications and in the event of a failure provide rapid identification and resolution of problems per defined SLAs. Coordinate with service providers to restore service in the event of outages as necessary per MOAs.
- Provide network administration of Local Area Network (LAN), Metropolitan Area Network (MAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) components, including Wireless technology at various remote locations.
- Monitor and manage networks used by software development teams.
- Recommend and implement approved solutions for optimizing networks.
- Manage, configure, monitor, and maintain wireless network infrastructure such as wireless arrays and Wireless Intrusion Protection and Detection devices.
- Manage and maintain router protocols.
- Maintain and refresh the network’s operational infrastructure such as routers, switches, Wireless Access Points, VPN and WAN optimization appliances, VSAT modems, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Multimedia Communication Server (MCS) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC).
- Audit operational logs on all network devices for events, warnings, alerts and alarms requiring action. Maintain all network equipment with the latest updates (e.g. firmware patches).
- Support routine network maintenance tasks performed by third party maintenance providers for the network components and perform testing in accordance with a check list of each component type prior to accepting the component as operational.
- Ensure network infrastructure equipment is maintained in accordance with policies and recommendations and environmental equipment and conditions are suitable for equipment performance.
- Ensure all changes in the environment follow the appropriate change request approval process.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for users.
- US citizenship is required
- Active Secret Clearance or Iterim Required
- 12+ years of IT Networking Support experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology-related discipline plus 8+ years of IT Networking Support experience in lieu of the 12 years IT Networking Support experience
- Related technical certification(s) in data networking
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Extensive knowledge of Process and IT service management concepts
- Experience in technical problem solving and crisis management concepts
- Ability to promote a team environment
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.