NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Tier 2 Network Support Specialist to join our team in Washington, District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US).
- Monitoring communications connectivity (e.g., VSAT, DTS-PO, VPN/DMVPN, MPLS, and TICs), as well as the devices that terminate communications links, to ensure uninterrupted communications and in the event of a failure provide rapid identification and resolution of problems per defined SLAs. Coordinate with service providers to restore service in the event of outages as necessary per MOAs.
- Provide network administration of Local Area Network (LAN), Metropolitan Area Network (MAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) components, including Wireless technology at various remote locations.
- Monitor and manage networks used by software development teams.
- Recommend and implement approved solutions for optimizing networks.
- Manage, configure, monitor, and maintain wireless network infrastructure such as wireless arrays and Wireless Intrusion Protection and Detection devices.
- Manage and maintain router protocols.
- Maintain and refresh the network’s operational infrastructure such as routers, switches, Wireless Access Points, VPN and WAN optimization appliances, VSAT modems, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Multimedia Communication Server (MCS) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC).
- Audit operational logs on all network devices for events, warnings, alerts and alarms requiring action.
- Maintain all network equipment with the latest updates (e.g. firmware patches).
- Support routine network maintenance tasks performed by third party maintenance providers for the network components and perform testing in accordance with a check list of each component type prior to accepting the component as operational.
- Ensure network infrastructure equipment is maintained in accordance with policies and recommendations and environmental equipment and conditions are suitable for equipment performance.
- Ensure all changes in the environment follow the appropriate change request approval process.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for users.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology-related discipline plus 4-6 years of experience or 10-12 years of relevant work experience
- Related technical certification(s) in data networking
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Extensive knowledge of Process and IT service management concepts
- Experience in technical problem solving and crisis management concepts
- Ability to promote a team environment
US Citizenship Required
Active Secret Clearance or Interim Required
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.