At NTT DATA we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
Req ID: 10556
NTT DATA Services Federal Government, Inc., is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II to provide technical support services to a Submarine Program and Foreign Military Sales. In this position, you will assist senior level engineers and project managers in the acquisition, development, certification, maintenance, and repair of deep submergence systems. The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include becoming intimately familiar with deep submergence systems, their specifications and requirements for construction, certification, audit card resolution, working group support, systems analysis, and maintenance. Provides individual and organizational capability in engineering to the customers as a service.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and rendering technical opinion on technical documentation principally concerning metallic materials including piping systems and submarine structures that are provided by the shipbuilder and ship design agent.
- Coordinating between Design and Technical Managers and external activities in resolving technical issues.
- Developing technical solutions for deviations and reviewing proposed changes in the areas of materials and structures, fabrication, welding, and nondestructive evaluation (NDE).
- Responsible for reviewing materials used in engineering processes, metals and non-metals, welding and fabrication, corrosion control and preservation.
- Preparing official correspondence and presentation packages using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
Typically requires at least 10 years relevant experience without a Degree; 4+ years relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree; 3+ years relevant experience with Graduate Degree
- 2+ years experience with Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years experience working with Submarines
- 2+ years experience in a Customer Facing role
- Must have Active "Secret" Clearance
-Good understanding of engineering drawings, Liaison Action Forms and other processes required to support Military Customers.
- 3+ years experience in working with Maritime/ Submarine Community
Be able to walk 4-5 block to customer's office to support.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.