Req ID: 63974
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Help Desk Support Specialist with Secret Clearance to join our team in Arlington, Virginia (US-VA), United States (US).
- Triage and provide timely and effective on-the-spot resolution or accurate escalation, including complete ("tell the full story") documentation of work performed and resolution in the Service Desk ticketing system including any requests for assistance from walk-up staff on software, hardware, and operating systems and/or other services as required
- Maintain accurate CMDB entries for assigned tickets or tasks
- Responsible to fully manage (e.g., track, record, organize, maintain, reorder, etc.) a cache of end user, commonly-used, inventory items
- Provide timely and accurate monitoring and communication of the operational status of client systems, applications, and services related to walk-up support services
- Provide timely and accurate trend analysis and demand forecasting of walk-up Service Desk support requirements based on Service Desk ticketing system data and knowledgebase
- Provide staffing support for various walk-up based customer service and desktop support related projects, including but not limited to software upgrades, hardware upgrades/migrations, cloud-based services implementations, new application deployments, security remediation, workstation retirement, migrations, and research and development initiatives
- Author, maintain, update, and develop new content for the knowledgebase
- Provide timely and effective technical support to walk-up users on supported software, hardware, and operating systems (Macintosh, Windows, and Linux) to include installation, special configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and processing of surplus hardware according to guidelines
- Provide for accurate, complete, and timely documentation, recording, and reporting of all technical support-related activities, issues, and outcomes in the ticketing system in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP) and approved practices
- Responsible to maintain accurate CMDB entries for assigned tickets or tasks
- Secret Clearance
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology
- AA or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years of increasingly responsible experience in computer/helpdesk support in an Enterprise environment
- Strong all-round technical knowledge needed, including O365 as well as Windows and Mac operating systems
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize, track, and resolve multiple ongoing tickets/tasks/assignments with minimal oversight
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.