DATA CENTER CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN
- Posted: over a month ago
Network Connex, through our operating companies, Advantage Engineers, CCSI Networks, Fairhaven, National Technologies and Verticom, provides network design and implementation services for some of the world’s most sophisticated networking and data infrastructure companies. Our clients include wireless service providers, network service providers, cable MSO’s, data center operators, hyperscale cloud companies, and Fortune 500 enterprises.
National Technologies (NTI) Summary:
National Technologies (NTI) is a premier turn-key provider of fiber optic and data center installation services. Whether it be learning the latest techniques in the field or working with vendors to maximize material performance, NTI is consistently on the leading edge of innovation in the Telecommunications field.
If being a part of a tight-knit organization that gets to operate in some of the most innovative environments around the world sounds like a dream job, then you should experience the culture at NTI! While providing the typical perks a large company offers, NTI remains true to its roots and at the core of our Company is a family-oriented business that treats our team as integral members of the organization and not just a number. The open door, collaborative nature of NTI allows for professional growth and cultivates the ideas to keep our Company moving into the future of the industry!
The primary responsibilities of the Data Center Construction Technician is to support the installation of infrastructure including but not limited to racks, cabinets, cage walls, hot/cold isle containment, grounding, fiber guide, Unistrut, and ladder rack, structured cabling, maintain control of inside plant (ISP) activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), read and understand ISP diagrams/drawings, and taking and maintaining accurate field notes. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned.
- Perform data center cage and overhead ladder rack installations in accordance with industry standards
- Read and follow design engineers’ instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret engineering drawings, on maps and in the field and make recommendations for changes as required
- Understand and adhere to customer timelines
- Serve as a corporate liaison to champion cultural change by encouraging critical corporate initiatives, a positive work environment, the enhancement of organizational morale all with the goal to drive operational efficiency
- Team player that coordinates and communicates activities with other employees, departments, and management
- Knowledge of basic tools, construction practices and communication networks
- Knowledge of cable installation practices, dressing cables, lacing, etc
- Knowledge of basic AC and DC power plants
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable types, make-up of fiber optic cables, and manufacturer specifications to prevent damage of cables
- Knowledge of various manufacturers ISP racks, cabinets, ladder rack, fiber guide and termination panels
- Knowledge of cable testing procedures and test equipment
- Knowledge of inside plant safety measures and data center security processes and adhere to the measures they put in place
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make good sound decisions based on information given
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 75 lbs.; works in all weather conditions
Education and Experience:
- Education Level: High School/GED
- Experience: 1-3 years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as job experience in similar industry or job experience with similar essential duties
- Field of Study: Electronics, Telecommunications, Construction or Project Management
Network Connex believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?