NSG Group/Pilkington is a highly acclaimed international organization. Our Companyis dedicated to offering the highest quality products on the market today. Weare the world’s leading supplier of glass and glazing systems to the automotiveand building sectors.
The Global UNIX Administrator willwork out of the North American Office in Toledo, OH. Thisrole is responsible to support the IBM AIX physical and virtual serverenvironment and support the SAN based Storage system for IBM AIX and MS Windowsservers. They will be working on older generationhardware and operating systems withinNorth America plus spend time virtually working with the team in Germany tohelp with operation system upgrades and working on more diverse operatingsystems.
- Ensurethat Health, Safety, Ethics and Quality are at the core of everything done inthe workplace
- Learnand understand the NSG/Pilkington networking and computing landscape
- Supportthe IBM AIX physical and virtual server environment including the IBM Tivolibackup solution with IBM LTO technology
- Supportthe SAN based Storage system for IBM AIX and MS Windows servers
- Co-ordinateall hardware maintenance for the IBM mid-range environment
- Plan,install, test and support all AIX installations and upgrades on the variousservers
- Physicallyrack, unrack and test IBM pSeries servers
- Configureand maintain IBM AIX/Linux virtual environments
- Managesupport work through a ticketing system
- Reportactivities and time worked through a time reporting system
- Practicesound change management procedures
- Strivefor high quality and excellence in all activities
- Adhereto IS General Controls (ISGC) and JSOX within all aspects of Operationalactivities
- Workpositively and professionally with colleagues and customers alike
- Bachelor’s Degree in aComputer Related Program or equivalent relevant IBM experience (5+ years)
- Solidunderstanding of TCP/IP
- Solidunderstanding of SAN storage technologies
- Experiencewith scripting languages such as Korn Shell or Power Shell
- Experiencewith AIX or Linux system administration
- Strong problem-solvingskills
- Team-oriented with theability to learn independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt toestablished standards and practices
- Excellent communicationskills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customerservice skills, keeping the “Customer First” in all activities andcommunications
- Ability to work in aGlobal team
- Ability to see the‘bigger picture’, in order to be able to contribute to future direction andsynergies (geographic or technical)
- Experiencewith IBM and Hitachi storage
- Database skills (DB2, Oracle…)
We offer anexcellent compensation and benefits package, which includes 401K with companymatch, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company paid holidays, paidvacations, and education assistance.
NSG Group/Pilkington is an equalopportunity employer; M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates willreceive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender,sexual orientation, disability or national origin. Applicants are encouraged toconfidentially self-identify when applying.