Administrative Assistant/Customer Service
NSCA Tra-Cal Gaithersburg, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NSCA Technologies & Tra-Cal Lab have been serving the electronics, manufacturing, and telecom industries since 1988, consistently achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction by providing quality products and services. NSCA Technologies & Tra-Cal Lab are Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB). We provide new and reconditioned precision test and measurement equipment, calibration, and repair services. NSCA sells, rents, leases, and sources test equipment. Tra-Cal calibrates and repairs test and measurement equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant/Customer Service team member is responsible for providing outstanding support to the staff while delivering exceptional customer service and professionalism to our clients and vendors. The Administrative Assistant/Customer Service will complete a variety of tasks to ensure that office operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Answer phones in a professional manner following office telephone etiquette guidelines; ensure all voicemail messages are handled appropriately and customers waiting for call backs are taken care of in a timely manner
- Greet visitors in a professional manner
- Provide assistance on quotes for work requests on New Purchase, used, Rentals, refurbished equipment, calibration, and repair quotes
- Retrieve RFQ from Easy Gov app
- Look up government bid work with KeySight requests and create quotes; this may or may not be in conjunction with the marketing team
- Communicate with customers as indicated by General Manager or Lab Manager
- Create Invoices for NSCA customers
- Perform general Accounts Receivables and reconciliation duties including contact customers for outstanding payments, overdue invoices, and compare deposit information to reconcile in accounting system (Quickbooks)
- Light bookkeeping duties including entering deposits in accounting system
- Create and prepare bank deposit slips as well as drop off to bank if requested
- Reconcile ACT database with accounting software to ensure customer data is updated and most recent information is on file
- Process payments received for bank deposit as well as credit cards payments
- File hard and electronic copies of customer work documents in appropriate files
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by General Manager
- Cross train with Lab Administrator for coverage when needed
- Follow all training and any available SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for duties outlined above
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 Years previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
BusinessView all jobs at NSCA Tra-Cal