SHIPBOARD WELDERS (LOCAL ONLY)
- Posted: 9 days ago
- $21 to $29 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Shipboard Welders: $21-$29/hr
Electric Boat site in Honolulu, Hawaii. Hourly Technicians – Welders will be responsible for performing submarine shipboard installation and manufacturing work. Candidates must be experienced in naval submarine/shipboard maintenance and modernization activity and be flexible as well as adaptable, working in a team environment. Shipboard welding, brazing and shipboard mechanic’s skills are required to accomplish this work. These include, but are not limited to: various types of pipe and structural weld techniques using various materials and welding equipment, including those involving submarine specially controlled materials; various inspection and non-destructive testing techniques and standards; and associated brazing, mechanical and pipefitting skills. Candidates should be experienced in reading blueprints, and possess appropriate math skills for establishing or determining ship's lines to position components for installation. Candidates must be willing to learn new skills and apply them as needed with the appropriate training and supervision. All candidates must be willing to support the company’s goals of safety, quality, cost, schedule and continuous improvement.
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years professional welding experience with developed proficiency in any welding processes.
- Must possess strong sense of accountability and determination towards seeking first time quality workmanship.
- Must possess technical aptitude to learn and/or enhance welding skillsets.
- Must possess the ability to perform the functions of the craft to comply with procedural standards and policies in a safe manner.
- Must possess the ability to read & comprehend blue prints, ship’s drawings, technical manuals, ship’s system manuals, Task Group Instructions (TGIs), and controlled work packages.
- Must be proactive in identifying and communicating problems to supervision, and work with the team to come up with effective solutions.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime, work second shift, and travel as required to support work at various locations on-island and other offsite locations within the continental US.
- Must be able to obtain SECRET level security clearance.
- At least 5 years of experience in shipboard installation, repair and/or manufacturing environments. This includes, but is not limited to: Cutting and removing existing structures, foundations, or piping. Performing own ship fitting and/or pipe fitting. Understanding and setting up hot work containment and other fire mitigating controls. Setting up lines and leads throughout the ship to specific job sites. Performing various weld process (SMAW, TIG, etc…). Cleaning and prepping welds for non-destructive testing (NDT) using burr bits, grinders, etc…
- Prior experience working at government shipyards, and are familiar with Task Group Instructions (TGIs), Work Authorization Forms (WAFs), Tag-Outs, NAVSEA Standard Items (NSI’s), and controlled work packages.
- Prior lead and/or supervisory experience who can perform their assignments with minimal direction and oversight.
- Previous experience performing mirror welding, and welding in various obscure positions (horizontal, vertical, and overhead) while working in tight spaces.
- Previous experience performing Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) on weld joints, or experience in having own welds inspected via NDT methods.
- Ability to perform maintenance and troubleshooting of weld machines and equipment.
- Vocational school/military experience
You can apply at the following link below.
Please submit a resume for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Direct deposit or Wisely Card
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
NSC Technologies, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?