NS2 Mission Fort George G Meade, MD
- Posted: 24 days ago
Do you like to challenge the status quo? Does curiosity feed your soul? Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities by helping clients drive alignment with their business, advising through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally? Then consider a career at NS2 Mission. We have grown into an industry leading provider of technology services to the IC, DoD, and U.S. Government.
NS2 Mission is actively seeking to add a highly motivated, experienced Technical Writer to our team who will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents. These documents will include software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Our selected candidate will be instrumentally involved with writing and editing technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation, while creating code documentation for software and producing implementation and end-user guides. Working with team developers to produce quality documentation and training materials, our Technical Writer will produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems, as well as preparing reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.Required Qualifications:
• A Completed Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of Six (6) years of experience as a technical writer on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Thorough understanding of basic grammar concepts and experience in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides, manuals and technical publications including writing technical copy for various types of documents.
• Ability to prepare written text while maintaining relevant internal documentation libraries.
• Working experience using multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc., as part of preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
• Must be comfortable consulting with engineers and Subject Matter Experts on information from engineering documentation to apply concepts for technical writing.
• Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
• Proven expertise when using multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc., as part of preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
Position Clearance Requirement:
TS/SCI with Polygraph
If you are seeking a role that creates lasting impact for our clients through critical and complex issues, working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities, consider a career with NS2 Mission. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will energize you to achieve the art of what is possible from the day you start!
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain or maintain a U.S security clearance which requires U.S citizenship.
NS2 Mission is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. NS2 Mission is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that NS2 Mission may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide in your application, with its affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
NS2 Mission maintains a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, where required by contract and permitted by law.
AddressFort George G Meade, MD
EducationView all jobs at NS2 Mission