Information System Security Engineer (ISSE)
NS2 Mission Chantilly, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $130,000 Yearly
NS2 Mission is actively seeking an early career to mid-level Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) to support a national security focused customer to ensure secure reliable and uninterrupted availability of customer developed and deployed systems and networks. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring core security engineering principles are implemented into assigned programs information systems’ architecture.Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Systems Security Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
and/or related field, or equivalent experience
• Previous experience successfully conducting root cause analysis on security issues with other ISSOs, ISSE, ISSM, DAO, and SAs
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across teams and organizations, including senior level management and customers
• Experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government
• Familiarity with System Life Cycle Development (SDLC) methodologies and the 800 series of Nation Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications (in particular 800-37, 800-39, 800-53, 800-53A, 800-94 and 800-115) and Committee National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) 1253
• Experience conducting information system security control assessments (SCAs) and applying standard auditing techniques during systems security control assessments, including the proper interpretation of the control requirements, determining if the artifacts provided are sufficient and recommending remedial action to the customer to ensure compliance
• Ability to develop and interpret security architectures, data flow diagrams, engineering electrical/pinout drawings, and publications that depict the system(s) architecture
• Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
• Knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) views facilitating integration and promoting interoperability across capabilities and among integrated architectures
• Knowledge of the policies and practices for Critical Program Information (CPI) mandates for technologies, Commercial Solution for Classified (CSfC) within National Security Systems (NSS)
• DoD 8570 IASAE level 2 compliance or higher certification required: (CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP or CISSP-ISSEP)
• Knowledge of Department of Defense, Department of Navy, and Intelligence Community policies, procedures, and guidelines for designing secure architectures
Position Clearance Requirement:
Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain or maintain a U.S security clearance which requires U.S citizenship.
NS2 Mission is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. NS2 Mission is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that NS2 Mission may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide in your application, with its affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
NS2 Mission maintains a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, where required by contract and permitted by law.
TechnologyView all jobs at NS2 Mission