NS2 Mission Chantilly, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
NS2 Mission is seeking an experienced Aerospace Engineer to support software development teams in Chantilly, VA. The candidate will provide expertise in national security space systems, operations, and modeling and simulation as-needed to support product development. The candidate will support performance, suitability, development and evaluations of space and multi-domain CONOPS, systems, and hardware.
- Use space systems and aerospace expertise to translate requirements into capability description documents that software teams can use to develop.
- Sever as a technical liaison and product owner bridging user needs and product capabilities. Lead technical exchanges meetings with customers.
- Work with software development teams to implement and validate models.
- Perform quantitative analysis, orbit determination, decision analysis, capability analysis, system engineering requirements analysis and trade studies, analyses of alternatives, design of experiments, and architecture analysis.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and operations.
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses.
- Provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables.
- Serve as a technical lead for aspects of a project.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 9+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or other Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline. Alternatively, 7 years of prior related experience with a Graduate Degree.
- Experience in national security space systems and operations and/or DoD space systems and operations.
- Familiar with Java or similar object-oriented languages, enabling the candidate to read and follow the logic of code written.
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of space systems.
- Demonstrated success in leading technical exchanges and interactions with customers
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile approaches to Systems Engineering
- Experience working with software development teams and associated Agile development processes.
- Experience working with JSON and XML files often used for data exchange and API definitions.
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Aerospace software: STK/Astrogator/ODTK, Astrodynamics Standards
- Modeling software: experience with Python and/or MATLAB
Position Clearance Requirement:
TS/SCI with CI Poly
COVID-19 Vaccination Terms and Conditions:
As a U.S. government contractor NS2 Mission adheres to customer and program requirements of new hires and employees working to be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine before any new employee's first day.
If you are seeking a role that creates lasting impact for our clients through critical and complex issues, working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities, consider a career with NS2 Mission. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will energize you to achieve the art of what is possible from the day you start!
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain or maintain a U.S security clearance which requires U.S citizenship.
NS2 Mission is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. NS2 Mission is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that NS2 Mission may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide in your application, with its affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
NS2 Mission maintains a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, where required by contract and permitted by law.
TravelView all jobs at NS2 Mission