If you have experience working with vendor portals, EDI's, routing guides, vendor compliance, and creating SSCC labels, this is the job for you!!!!
The Shipping Clerk provides direct support to the Receiving/Shipping/Returns Supervisor, while assisting the Lead and the functions of the team members. The Clerk supports the supervisor to drive solutions to support growth goals, process and quality improvements. With a focus on results, will support and drive progress ensuring timely processing of received product and commitments by the Operations team, while collaborating closely with the supervisor and all functional areas of the organization to drive process improvement and innovation within NRI.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures all outbound shipments are processed and routed according to Client and Customer needs within Service Level Agreement (SLA)
· Understand retailers’ routing guideline’s for shipping and portals such as SPS Commerce, Tradestone, and Ariba.
· Must have understanding of 3rd party carrier portals such as REI, DSG, Macy’s, Nordstrom, etc.
· Schedule shipment and transportation arrangement by customer’s specific routing guide instructions
· Create SSCC labels/ASN’s
· In collaboration with the Supervisor, works within the Vendor Compliance processes, policies and procedures to ensure complete compliance on all shipments that are leaving the facility.
· Route all Collect / 3rd party orders adhering to Retailer Routing compliance guidelines.
· Reschedule missed pick-ups.
· Follow up daily with carrier appointments.
· Runs manifests to ensure accuracy when carrier pick-ups occur
· Investigation and follow up on all freight scenarios that involve lost or damaged product via a carrier
· Provides carrier information and updates to all internal contacts
· Organizes and files all BOL's according to vendor and ship date.
· Ensures all manual shipment confirmations are sent to Clients on a daily basis.
· Documents and resolves issues between carriers and vendors
· Quote shipping rates on regular basis to ensure best economical shipping method.
· Consolidate and summarize shipment requirement of Customers' requests.
· Ensures dangerous goods are shipped according to TDG standards
· Ensures Custom Retailer carton labels are generated/applied in correct position
· Performs other duties as requested
Skills, Abilities and Expectations:
· Proficient technical capabilities, inclusive of tier one WMS experience (Aspire).
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications
· Has the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
· Decisions have a critical effect on the organization’s reputation, team members, client services, policies or operations.
· Demonstrates the following in their behaviors, actions and decisions:
o Quality and accountability in all actions.
o Fairness in all relationships.
o Balance of success and lifestyle.
o Promoting leadership at all levels.
o Disciplined and committed focus on results.
o Contributing to and sharing in prosperity.
o Relationships are worth investing in.
o Respect for community and the environment.
· High school diploma preferred
· 1- 3 years of relevant work experience.
· Experience preferred in continuous improvements to drive customer fulfillment, quality, efficiency and safety.