The Operations Project Manager will cover our USA operations and focus on the many projects we have running concurrently, while never losing sight of LEAN/Continuous Improvement, Research/Analysis and documentation updates and controls (SOP’s). As a rapidly growing company, innovation is critical to NRI as we strive to continue to be a leader in the fast-paced changes of our industry.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operations Project Management
- Determines feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, organization goals, technical requirements and economic factors.
- Develops and implement project plans and timelines (project trackers) and ensures the project team understands expectations and holds the team accountable for delivery of those expectations.
- Full execution of projects and administrate stakeholders are accountable on deliverables
- Coordinates subcontractors, vendors and internal resources.
- Resolves problems to ensure meeting of administrative commitments.
- SOP maintenance
- Coordination/execution Process Improvements Processes
2. Continuous Improvement
- Facilitate LEAN methodology and recommend solutions to specific business case issues.
- Work with the leadership team to drive continual improvement programs.
- Ensure that all projects include a sustainability component and drive adherence at multiple levels within the organization utilizing integrated process audits, floor-level dashboards and management scorecards.
- Illustrate continual improvement successes in a case study before and after format that quantifies value and documents actions taken for future reapplication.
3. Research / Analysis
- Analyze contractual commitments, Client specifications, design changes and other data to drive continuous improvement and meet or exceed expectations of Clients.
- Perform cost/benefit tradeoff analysis and develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system or technology change.
- Partner with key functional groups that are part of implementation (Finance, HR, IT, Operations, etc.) to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Assist with developing/presenting training materials and classes based on new and revised Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
All About You
Things You Can Do:
· Excellent technical capabilities, inclusive of tier one WMS experience.
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications
· The ability to travel domestically and internationally.
· The ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
· The ability to bring cross-functional teams together to collaborate on projects.
What Gets You Stoked:
· Building quality relationships with co-workers, vendors and contractors.
· Ongoing learning opportunities.
· Setting goals and achieving them.
The Must Haves
· A solutions focused approach to everything you do.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related field and/or 5 years of relevant work experience.
· Project Management Certified (PMC)
· Ability to work under pressure
· Background in apparel and/or footwear in a pick and pack environment.
· Experience overseeing the opening of new facilities.
· Experience in continuous improvement tools/methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, efficiency and safety.
· Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (visit http://www.nri-distribution.com to look them up).
· Ability to collaborate, interact, communication at all levels of organization and team building.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume via email to Shoshana Hawkins, Manager of People Experience, at email@example.com no later than October 22, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.