The General Manager will cover three of our facilities in Fontana/Riverside covering over 300,000 square feet and multiple Clients. This role is accountable for profit and loss for all three facilities along with driving improvement across multiple kpi’s. As a member of the leadership team, you will have a voice in the overall direction of the Operations team and be a key stakeholder in change initiatives in the facilities you are accountable for.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Accountable for the overall performance of assigned facilities, as defined by key performance indicators.
- Maintains a perspective on the operational goals and demands of the business and prioritizes workloads with an understanding of this information. This includes throughput, quality and safety.
- Makes required staffing, process, and facility changes or alterations in order to increase organizational efficiencies and meet client goals and NRI’s service level agreements.
- Creates and maintains meaningful relationships with Clients and NRI team members.
- Determines feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, organization goals, technical requirements and economic factors.
- Ensures resource commitments for projects are in place and acts as the sponsor to ensure that the proper level of support is in place for tactical execution of projects.
- Accountable for budget and P & L for assigned facilities.
Provides guidance to their direct reports (DC Managers of defined facilities).
- Trains, develops and mentors direct reports.
- Sets expectations and facilitates resolutions of any gaps.
- Participates in performance review process and approves any wage increases.
- Plans, coordinates, and authorizes all annual vacations for direct reports, ensuring proper coverage
- Work with the leadership team to drive continual improvement programs.
- Ensure that all projects include a sustainability component and drive adherence at multiple levels within the organization utilizing integrated process audits, floor-level dashboards and management scorecards.
Research / Analysis / Optimization
- Analyze contractual commitments, Client specifications, design changes and other data to drive continuous improvement and meet or exceed expectations of Clients.
- Perform cost/benefit tradeoff analysis and develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system or technology change.
- Drive refinement of labor planning tools to optimize allocation of resources across multiple locations/facilities and Clients to ensure alignment with organizational and Client goals.
All About You
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent technical capabilities, inclusive of tier one WMS experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
What Gets You Stoked:
- Building quality relationships with co-workers, vendors and contractors.
- Ongoing learning opportunities.
- ·Setting goals and achieving them.
The Must Haves
- A solutions focused approach to everything you do.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related field and/or 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Background in apparel and/or footwear in a pick and pack environment.
- 3PL experience is an asset.
- Experience in continuous improvement tools/methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, efficiency and safety.
- Lives in accordance to and can make decisions based on our company values (visit http://www.nri-distribution.com to look them up).
- Ability to collaborate, interact, communication at all levels of organization and team building.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume via email to Shoshana Hawkins, Manager of People Experience, at email@example.com no later than October 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.