NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
NRG Northeast Retail is seeking a talented and ambitious customer service professional to support our customer care team in achieving best in class customer service and policy adherence. The Customer Service Training and Quality Associate is responsible for training new and existing employees within the Customer Service Department in all job functions, including product knowledge, processes, procedures, and communication skills as well as ensuring the high quality of customer interactions with NRG Energy Customer Service agents
- Administer new hire and existing agent training curriculum within a call center environment across multiple lines of business and brands.
- Maintains new hire class reports and performance documentation
- Understand key business objectives, timeframes, and requirements associated with each training goal and class.
- Conducts end of course evaluation and action planning.
- Escalate training issues as appropriate
- Create training plans and develop training content as required.
- Work closely with leadership to develop material that will drive individual development
- Track the success of each refresher training course.
- Monitor and evaluate agent calls for quality assurance and compliance through an established quality assurance program. Selects calls for performance evaluation in a random fashion to provide a valid sampling representative of overall performance levels. Calls selected for evaluation may be remotely monitored or offer side-by-side coaching and evaluation. When specific criteria are not met, conduct skill enhancement training.
- Provide QA performance related feedback and coaching to agents and supervisors with a focus on service delivery and process execution based on call listening.
- Schedule routine coaching interactions with associates in the Call Center groups to support and drive performance expectations.
- Track agent trends to improve customer satisfaction.
- Track and maintain Quality and Training Spreadsheets and documents.
- Work closely with Quality Lead on daily/monthly assigned tasks.
- Ensure the ongoing satisfaction of customers by providing feedback to Customer Care management to help shape future processes and support strategies.
- Conduct group monitoring & calibration sessions involving management.
- Trend QA information for process/ performance improvement.
- Communicates trend information to management, training and internal partners.
- Selects calls and participate in Client monitoring and calibration sessions.
- Conduct new hire quality assurance training. Demonstrate the QA process, review performance related variables, evaluation criterion, and process.
- Provide coaching about job performance and quality assurance to employees after training.
- Research and answer inquiries from Contact Center personnel to improve knowledge and understanding to aid in job performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or training experience
- Minimum of 2 years of training experience
- Minimum of 1 year of quality monitoring /evaluation experience
- 4 plus year of training experience
- 2 plus years of quality monitoring/evaluation experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate and teach complex, technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills—able to quickly establish rapport
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to work independently
- High degree of flexibility and ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels within the organization by phone, in person or through written correspondence
- Must be organized with strong time management skills
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with adult learning principles and instructional theories
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources