New Hope - Executive Director
- Posted: January 13, 2023
Executive Director - New Hope Inc.
New Hope Inc. is a 42-year old non-profit that provides services to survivors of domestic and sexual assault. New Hope is seeking its 5th Executive Director.
The organization provides life-saving support to the 8,000 survivors it serves annually as well as approximately 10,000 persons through outreach and prevention education. Operating out of its headquarters Attleboro, MA, New Hope provides services in 41 cities and towns in South Eastern and South Central MA.
New Hope seeks a visionary Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer ("CEO") with a track record of generating diverse financial support for ambitious, innovative programming.
This position, which reports to the Board of Directors, is responsible for setting the mission and vision of New Hope, ensuring that resources are in place to accomplish important mission goals, recruit and retain staff, and build the kind of culture that supports the New Hope mission. The members of the Senior Leadership Team, made up of four Vice-Presidents, a Human Resources Director, and a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Director, report directly to the CEO.
The Ideal Candidate
New Hope seeks a CEO who will set strategy and vision for the next phase of the agency's growth, lead the senior team, and allocate capital appropriately. Working with the Board, the CEO will set important goals for the organization and work systematically to meet them.
As a mature organization, New Hope seeks someone who can envision and navigate the agency into its next iteration. In this regard, the CEO will prioritize meeting survivor, community, and other constituent needs. This will require the agency to further refine priorities and direction. The CEO will assess and evaluate strategies, decide how New Hope will continue to position itself as a leader in the sexual and domestic violence field, and will hire teams, set budgets, forge alliances and build partnerships to further the mission. The CEO will invest heavily in staff training, mentoring and capacity building within New Hope. Finally, the CEO will hold themselves accountable for the financial health of the organization by actively promoting New Hope in order to build its financial reserves and overall goodwill.
- Strategic Planning and Vision: Ensure that New Hope clients receive high-quality services. Develop and implement strategic plans, based on data-driven analytics, projections and financials. Identify and implement cost-effective ways to deliver state-of-the-art programs to clients.
- Fundraising and Financial Management: Manage New Hope's budget to ensure a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet current and projected program growth. Ensure that New Hope is in compliance with relevant state and federal laws, regulations and with standard accounting procedures. Participate in identifying and cultivating corporate, individual and foundation sponsors, including keeping New Hope current and at the forefront of regional community service philanthropic organizations.
- Team Management: Build a high-performing senior leadership team and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing a best-in-class staff.
- Community Building: Cultivate excellent relationships with local media; provide oversight for New Hope's presence in the social media.Reach out to the community to present New Hope, its vision and services through public presentations and by attending relevant business events, conferences and gatherings. Sponsor and/or co-sponsor special events designed to promote New Hope's mission or other like-minded missions.
- Board Development: Develop and work with the Board, ensuring that Board committees and efforts are well-organized and funded. Inform the Board regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding and program success and priorities.
Key Credentials and Personal Qualities
- Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or its equivalent, preferred.
- 5-10 years successful senior leadership experience, preferably in the sexual and/or domestic violence field.
- Fiscal stewardship with proven track record of fundraising, long-term relationship building with funders, donors and community partners.
- Experience with Board development, engagement, and management.
- Commitment to results; 'can-do" mindset with emphasis on accountability.
- Experience at change leadership and change management.
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Sense of humor, integrity, impeccable work ethic.
- Provide both vision and strategic direction with the ability to bring together staff, board and other stakeholders to achieve agency goals.
Location: Attleboro, MA
Application Deadline: January 27, 2023
NRG Consulting Group is conducting this search. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
New Hope LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.
NRG Consulting Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?