Chief Development Officer
- Posted: March 20, 2023
Position Summary: Serves as the chief fundraising officer for the subsidiary, with the ultimate responsibility of making sure the department\u2019s fundraising goals and strategic objectives are met by providing direction and leadership to the fundraising team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities as Assigned:
1. Works closely with the CEO\u2019s of KCI and KCC, the Board of Directors of KCI, KCC and KCF and to define the mission and strategic role of philanthropy including the development of long- and short-term goals.
2. Ensure that Philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with the Karmanos\u2019 values, mission and vision
3. Recruit and develop a high performing team of MGO\u2019s and support staff to meet fundraising goals
4. Together with the Philanthropy team develops and implements an annual fundraising plan that identifies, cultivates, and solicits major, planned, endowment, capital, and other special gifts from assigned prospects and donors using Moves Management methodology
5. Direct and oversee KCI\u2019s key philanthropic priorities, including the Capital Campaign, major gifts, corporate relations, planned giving, special events and annual funding
6. Develops fundraising strategy and implementation to raise funds to support the new research building
7. Develop an industry coalition to cooperate on institutional and foundation fundraising
8. Develops the fundraising annual budget.
9. Ensures that all funds, physical assets and other property of the foundation are appropriately-safeguarded and managed.
10. Ensures the foundation is prepared for the annual audit.
11. Responsible for Philanthropy board management, including onboarding and education of new members and manage the capital campaign steering committee, including developing fundraising goals, method and timelines
12. Works with the board, executives, key development and leadership staff, and volunteers to gather and use appropriate donor and prospect research in order to understand giving patterns, organizational interest, and ability to give to maximize donor relationships and opportunities for giving.
13. Strategically cooperates with the Philanthropy and Marketing teams to use the presence of CEO\u2019s and key volunteers in contacts with key donors and constituencies in a manner that maximizes giving and donor satisfaction.
14. Establishes and maintains efficient systems for gift acknowledgement, donor recordkeeping, donor recognition, prospect research, stewardship practices and other key fundraising support functions.
15. Effectively manages and develops a team of employees to create a welcoming donor-centered environment. Develops and trains personnel within the department and reviews and appraises their performance. Responsible for assuring competency of all staff.
16. Manages a portfolio of fundraising prospects for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship to realize fundraising goals using Moves Management methodology.
17. Researches and works with research and hospital leadership to determine priority fundraising areas.
18. Creates proposals and memorandum of agreement documents.
19. Builds long-term relationships with key donors and promotes a culture of philanthropy to key stakeholders in order to help them understand the organization and the impact they can have on the lives of our patients, residents and community.
20. Adheres to industry, organizational, and donor policies and restrictions such as code of ethics, confidentiality, gift acceptance policies, restricted gifts, government regulations.
21. Ensures quality, financial, and donor relations objectives are met.
22. Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legal codes and regulations.
23. Stays current on knowledge of technology and state and federal regulations.
24. Performs other related duties as required and directed.
\u2022 Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field and minimum 7 years of fundraising or nonprofit experience
\u2022 Master of Science Degree is preferred.
\u2022 Minimum 10 years experience in a leadership role in a fundraising office.
\u2022 Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience leading large scale fundraising events, programs and campaigns.
\u2022 10 years experience managing a portfolio of donors and making gift requests at $500,000 and above.
\u2022 Experience with Raiser Edge NXT, Millenium or other fundraising software
\u2022 Experience managing successful capital campaigns and campaign committees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong team building and leadership skills.
2. Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills.
3. Ability to initiate and monitor several simultaneous projects.
4. Must respect and adhere to strict confidentiality protocols regarding donors and all variety of donor information
5. Exceptional command of the English language
6. Strong speaking and presentation skills
7. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and other software products
8. Ability to work effectively with a variety of teams and personalities.
9. Ability to work outside of normal business hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
10. Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
11. Ability to process complex data to inform decision making.
Sedentary Work: Lifting 10 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying such
articles as dockets, ledgers, and small tools. Although sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Sign up to go to the application