National Presort, L.P. “NPI” is an established leader in developing technology in the mail and parcel sorting industry since 1978. NPI is looking to immediately hire an experienced Engineering Manager to hit the ground running. The Engineering Manager will be able to fully understand all aspects of the machines and equipment, and will be responsible for all areas of Hardware engineering product development, including design, development, production, and testing. **This position will be responsible for Hardware Engineering including both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering**
The Engineering Manager will be expected to:
Continually improve, create, establish, and implement objectives and initiatives for their team to provide a robust project management process.
· Analyze and ensure punctual delivery timelines keeping projects on schedule and on budget.
· Confront and solve performance/operational issues.
· Improve development efficiency.
· Lead and develop the engineering team.
· Lead team with a hands-on managing style, understanding every element of the department’s activities.
· Provide input and make strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
· Work to develop and adhere to a budget.
· Manage and resolve escalated issues arising from operations.
· Maintain continual open communication and cross-departmental collaboration.
Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs
Additional skills and abilities we are seeking:
- Strong leadership presence.
- Proven record of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking.
- Ability to concisely articulate complex information in both verbal and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills to both partner with and influence stakeholders.
- Provide estimates for effort and cost in support of proposal activities and progress reporting.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Project Management methodology and associated project tracking.
- Identify training, capital, and expense needs for assigned disciplines, support generation and monitoring of the Engineering Department’s annual budget.
- Strong product development understanding of what it takes to deliver product to the market.
- Guide technical activities and develop technical skills within a given discipline to ensure department, proposal, project, and customer needs are satisfied.
- Establish and implement related technical processes, procedures, and best practices are defined, documented, and followed in daily engineering activities.
- Coordinate team communications to ensure clear understanding of performance expectations and emerging issues.
- Ensure realistic project plans are developed and successfully executed within approved budget, scope, and quality constraints.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, customer specifications, and internal development processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
· Working knowledge of electrical power and controls, mechanical design principles including complex mechanisms, power and system level interactions.
Must have strong knowledge of SolidWorks 2016
Must have Strong knowledge of Draft Sight PRO 2019
· Expert troubleshooting ability.
· Experience defining complex product structure that supports production.
· Demonstrated success in a product-based environment and working with specific customers to develop customized solutions.
· Expertise in selection of design, commissioning, and testing tools.
· The ability to lead others in the successful design and development of complex systems.
· Must be self-managing.
· Must be highly flexible regarding work schedule and responsibilities.
· Must be a consummate team player.
· Excellent,verbal and written communications skills are a must.
· Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
· Strong capability to be the bridge between business development and manufacturing.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
· Demonstrated commitment for product and process improvement.
· Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.