The Production Supervisor plans, directs, and controls the activities of a production shift under the authority of the Production Manager. The Supervisor leads rotating shifts on a 24, hour 7 day per week schedule. The Supervisor regularly directs the activities of 10 to 20 regular Netafim employees as well as a number of contract employees. The Supervisor is responsible for maintaining safety, quality, and process standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Train each employee to develop and use safe work practices. Support and develop safety initiatives.
· Monitor all production processes to ensure a quality product; raw material, conversion, and finished product.
· Assure that only high quality products are being produced.
· Plan, execute and manage daily work to meet production schedules.
· Direct and supervise employees on a daily basis with minimal support of manager.
· Develop employee skills and provide cross training for all critical job functions
· Responsible for staffing shift within budget to accomplish production goals; includes full time and contract workers.
· Creates and maintains reports for all Shift production operations.
· Work closely with Production Planning and control to determine production workload requirements of the shift.
· Indentify, document and implement initiatives resulting in improved quality and profits.
· Support Lean Manufacturing activities to reduce waste in the value stream.
· Lead and/or facilitate company teams to improve operations, solve problems and optimize processes.
· Area cleanliness and organization – includes all storage areas in Production.
· Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· New employee orientation.
· Employee safety training.
· Employee skills training through internal modules.
· Employee performance evaluations
· Assign Production team tasks and job duties.
· Update team individual records.
· Fill in as a supervisor for other production areas (short term) if needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of five years working as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and mentor employees.
· Fluent in English
· Superior writing skills
· Solid Verbal skills – should be able to do presentations to groups and able to train others.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with your management/supervisors in a team environment.
· Highly skilled in computer tools – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MRP systems.
· Proficient in analysis and collection of data.
· Skilled in Management techniques.
· Innovation and creativity in solving problems.
· Continual improvement techniques
· Basic mechanical skills.
· Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule.
· Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Current Drivers License
Why Work Here?SAFETY: All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, actively participate in safety program, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Employee Health & Safety is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
Connecting people and work expand your personal network while being advocated for!