Ripple Foods is looking for a Product Commercialization Technician to strengthen our Product Commercialization Team to support Ripple’s mission to make plant-based food delicious.
This position requires a candidate with experience working in a research or industrial lab or food manufacturing. The candidate will have great scientific and personal skills, including:
● Degree in Food Science preferred, Associate Degree, Trade School Diploma or equivalent relevant on-the-job experience considered.
● Good laboratory practices including organized data documentation, attention to detail and ability to follow batch protocols
● Ability to conduct bench work independently
● Must climb ladders, frequently lift, carry and/or push light to heavy materials (up to 50lbs), as well as stand and walk most of the day.
● Flexibility to easily transition from one task to another.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office.
● Bonus points if you have experience in a food pilot plant or manufacturing site and GMP training.
Finally, you need to be ready to roll-up your sleeves and help get things done at a small, early-stage startup company.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
● Weigh and batch formulations
● Support shelf-life studies for product development projects through sensory tests and analytical requests
● The coordinate pilot plant runs with protein engineering & product development teams
● Requests and submits analytical samples
● Help maintain product development space
● Maintains parts, supplies, and documentation as required
● Optimize and improve operating efficiencies of equipment and systems
● Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
● Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
● Regular attendance and punctuality
● Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and well-organized working environment in the pilot plant and support areas
● Performs all duties with reliable results, following appropriate SOP’s and
cGMP’s and GLP’s
● Play the role of janitor, receptionist, IT-person, printer-jam-clearer, and general pitcher-inner alongside everyone else at Ripple!