PeopleReady is looking for dedicated Apprentice HVAC Sheet Metal Workers to add to our team.
You will make sure others stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer by making, crafting, or servicing the heating and cooling equipment in buildings. As a professional, you may specialize in heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems (also known as HVAC). With HVAC work, workers fabricate and install fans and ducts or air-handling units.
The continuous need to keep people comfortable, preserve infrastructure, and make structures energy-efficient has this profession growing faster than the average for all occupations. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 9 percent employment growth for this profession by 2026, which means 12,000 new jobs in this field. Do you have what it takes to be a part of this fast-growing profession?
- Assisting with loading and unloading tools and materials at the jobsite
- Using hand tools and benders to construct sheet metal components, cold boxes, and HVAC components
- Installing ridged and flex duct, as well as ceiling and wall HVAC vents
- Checking refrigerants and other HVAC components with gauges and meters
- Working alongside a journeyman sheet metal worker to complete a variety of tasks and gain on-the-job experience
- Two year of experience in residential or commercial HVAC work preferred
- Basic math skills- addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred
- Able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly to load and unload metal and other materials as well as carry needed tools to and from the jobsite
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve