The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will develop processes to accurately plan the economics of the company’s business. They are also responsible for reviewing departmental budgets and reporting budget versus actuals on a monthly basis. This is will be a very data-driven role. This individual needs to be a master of generating reports, interpreting data and helping build the strongest accounting function possible. The right fit will be willing to challenge and collaborate with other business leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate the domestic company’s budget process
· Partner with department heads to develop budgets and review performance versus actual
· Develop financial reports and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
· Compare anticipated to actual results and identify areas of improvement.
· Develop senior management reporting package containing key performance indicators
· Prepare period, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis of business results
· Provide commentary, insight and variance reporting for leadership teams
· Develop reports to influence business decisions that drive revenue and cost
· Executing insightful financial analysis
· Leading projects to successful completion within the allotted timeframe
· Engage deeply to model gross margins
· Develop scenario models to weigh alternative actions
· Build long-range planning models
· Assist in the development, modification, and testing of reports or system changes.
· Perform and assist special projects to improve process accuracy and efficiency.
· Assist in the development, modification, and documentation of accounting procedures.
· Deep knowledge of financial statements
· Knowledge of forecasting models and cost accounting processes are key requirements for this position
· Financial analysis and reasoning
· Interpersonal skills and collaboration
· Strong communication skills for working with various departments and business units
· Strategic thinker
· Project Management
· Managing multiple projects and competing priorities
· Deep understanding of financial systems and processes
· 5+ years of finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibility
· CPA preferred
· Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree
· Audit experience a plus
· Deep understanding of ERP and financial accounting systems