Supervisor, Technical Services
NOVEC Manassas, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Power up your career by joining our team at Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative!
We are looking to hire someone who will supervise, schedule, assign and monitor the daily activities of the Technical Services section to ensure a high-level of customer service. This position will plan, organize and control the construction, operation and maintenance of NOVEC switching stations, distribution substations and telecommunication facilities. This position will also manage emergency, unplanned and planned work on substation and other field devices to provide safe and reliable operation. The selected individual will also perform complex technical tasks for protective relaying and control systems, high voltage electrical equipment, radio and telecommunications equipment and SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:Functional/Operational
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule construction, inspection, testing and repair activities including work on energized high voltage devices and radio system equipment.
- Inspect activities for compliance with construction standards, policies, procedures, design specifications, work processes and safety.
- Perform and maintain, with troubleshooting at component level, all electronic devices in SCADA, substation relay/control and telecommunication equipment.
- Direct implementation of new telecommunications facilities between substation and remote field devices including upgrades of radio, microwave and cellular platforms.
- Develop and implement the use of new substation and telecommunication equipment and technology.
- Direct and perform the telephone and radio relocations and changes, as required.
- Manage schedule and accuracy of NERC, PJM and Dominion reliability compliance programs related to substation and relay/control equipment testing and maintenance.
- Ensure proper and orderly training and progression of apprentice Electricians. Serve as an instructor in NOVEC's training programs. Ensure appropriate substation safety training is provided.
- Respond to major transmission, substation and communications outages. Direct and/or perform substation switching in emergency situations. Work closely with Operations to develop, check and approve switching orders for substation work.
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on telecommunication, transmission and substation equipment and supervisory procedures and practices.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
- Optimize the production capacity of the Technical Services staff to improve work efficiency and staff skill base within the department.
- Act as the Owner for major substation and communications equipment to ensure safe, compliant and reliable operation over the life of the assets.
- Provide leadership within the department to ensure required human resource administration-staffing, training, coaching, development, work assignments, performance management, goals and objectives and compliance with company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree in Electronic or Electrical Program or a related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field is preferred. Five to seven years of related experience including the design, construction and operation of substation and telecommunication systems and supervision of people is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of energized and de-energized substation construction and maintenance work methods.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general computer operation and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Demonstrated ability to reason analytically and apply related theoretical concepts to practical needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation of assigned specialized equipment such as the current relay test set, phase angle meter, Doble test set, TTR, CT ratio, High current OCR tester, High voltage Megger and dissolved gas analyzer.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Ability to develop and motivate a team. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a short and long-term focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources administration to manage employees work, conduct performance review, develop goals and objectives and assure compliance with policies and procedures.
If you're ready to take the next step towards advancing your career, apply today! NOVEC is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro