Supervisor, System Operations
Finding a rewarding career takes hard work, dedication and a company that gives you opportunities to excel and grow professionally. At NOVEC, we believe in supporting our employees, our community and providing great service to our customers.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Supervisor who will supervise the daily activities of a 24/7 Operations Center to operate, monitor and maintain NOVEC's transmission and distribution system to ensure a consistent, high-level of system operations and customer service. This position will also supervise NOVEC employees and contract crews in the emergency restoration of service and planned maintenance to the system.
*Special Note -- This position's work hours will be a combination of 8 or 12 hour shifts, approximately 4 days a week - rotation would include nights, days and weekends.
Overview of this role:
- Required to work a non-standard shift that includes nights, weekends, and holidays to maintain 24/7 coverage.
- Monitors system service reliability, and implements plans for continuous improvement of reliability, customer service, and operational excellence.
- Addresses and resolves all power quality issues for residential, commercial, and data center customers.
- Coordinates the response to Fire, Police, PJM, Power Supplier, and other public service agencies' requests for assistance in emergencies involving NOVEC facilities.
- Reviews and approves trouble call reports, job orders, database, and map updates for proper completion of work, submission of additional work requests, and accurate documentation and reporting.
- Identifies and addresses all data integrity issues including the Outage Management model and GIS model.
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on system operations and distributions and supervisory procedures and practices.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Provides leadership within the department to ensure required human resource administration, staffing, training, coaching, development, work assignments, performance management, goals and objectives, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervises authorizes, and coordinates substation, transmission, and distribution switching activities for service restoration and load transfers.
- Supervises all switching activities for residential, commercial, and Data Center customers.
- Manages outage damage assessment, resource allocation, and power restoration.
- Supervises operation and monitoring of Outage Management System, IVR, telephone, radio, SCADA, Fire Alarm, Security, and other systems and facilities both during and after normal business hours (24/7).
- Suggests improvements or changes to the power system for improved system reliability and/or cost savings.
- Analyzes and approves project requests for proper design regarding operating efficiency.
- Works with Engineering, Construction, and Substations on Short Range Plan and System Improvement Projects.
- Provides recommendations for system upgrades based on historical outage data.
- Supervises inspection and analysis of yearly - 20 worst performing circuits to make repairs or recommendations for system improvement.
- Supervises and coordinates the Infrared Inspection Program to identify and prevent potential outages and failures.
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field from an accredited institution is required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five to seven years of related experience and/or training including management of programs and supervision of people is required. Experience in the operation of transmission and distribution systems and related equipment for power systems is strongly desired.
Professional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general computer operation and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information and electrical systems used to evaluate workload.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training materials. Ability to explain materials and teach principles of electricity.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze transformer and circuit loading. Knowledge of function and operation of substation and line equipment. Knowledge of principles of power flow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering and operational principles and construction methods.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze statistical data and formulate plan of action for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Ability to develop and motivate a team. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated Ability to think ahead and plan over a short and long-term focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources administration to manage employees work, conduct performance review, develop goals and objectives and assure compliance with policies and procedures.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and incentive plan
- Premier health benefits, including an onsite wellness center
- Survivor and disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 4% base salary match and an additional match of your contribution at a rate of 50% up to the first 12%
- Life insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Annual company events
If you're ready to take the next step towards advancing your career, apply today! NOVEC is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We do not provide sponsorship for this position.
BusinessView All NOVEC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.