Manager, NS Telecomm Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
Energize your future by joining our team at NOVEC Solutions (NS)!
The Manager, NS Telecomm Operations for NOVEC Solutions is responsible for its successful day-to-day operations; including corporate marketing and sales, network engineering and maintenance, overall administration and P/L growth. This position reports to the President of NS Telecomm and is responsible for daily administration and performance of the overall NS Team. In collaboration with his/her direct report, set corporate P/L growth and sales targets, network build-out objectives and achieve those through the management and leadership of NS Team. In addition, the Manager must be able to serve as a hands-on leader and key point-of-contact for the financial administration, engineering activities (including network event management and resolution), and sales and marketing development undertaken by the NS Team in order to achieve the successful daily operation of NS Telecomm.
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience leading, mentoring, and developing technical, sales, and administrative team members for the overall success of a company and/or organization.
This position is located in Manassas, VA. Relocation assistance is not available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- P/L leadership; including a proven record of accomplishment with handling the responsibility and oversight of corporate bookkeeping and financial management.
- Technical knowledge, capability, and vision to develop and expand the metro Ethernet network and platform to meet the dynamically changing needs of the NVA market.
- Collaboratively work with the President to provide strategic direction and vision for NS in order to meet or exceed corporate growth objectives.
- Lead marketing and sales plan development and achievement for the respective NS Telecomm services and product lines.
- Strong market knowledge of the competitive landscape especially as it relates to other telecommunication service providers or equipment manufacturers with competitive offerings to the NS Telecomm products and service lines.
- Work with your Team to set priorities and assign resources, including team goal setting and performance management. Enforce departmental policies and measure adherence.
- Manage projects/team to ensure appropriate timelines and milestones are defined and met. Identify and manage scopes, timelines and project interdependencies between key partners in order to exceed customer expectations.
- 5+ years of supervisor or managerial experience.
- 8+ years of IT Operations/Network/Optical engineering experience.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS); Master Degree is a plus; significant years of experience beyond the minimum requirements maybe considered as a substitute for the required degree.
- Knowledge of routing and switching technologies including but not limited to: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and MPLS. Experience working on routing and switching platforms, IP routing protocols and automation. Cisco Certification (CCNP/CCIE) or equivalent industry standard certifications is a plus.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Company Description - About NS Telecomm
NOVEC Solutions, Inc. dba NS Telecomm is a wholly-owned for-profit affiliate of the Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative. One of the fifteen largest electric cooperative in the Country. NS Telecomm, a telecommunications company headquartered in Northern Virginia, offers state-of-the-art transport data networking services along with its patented multiplexing technology equipment for sale to provide a comprehensive telecommunication suite for delivery of low-latency private line networks on behalf of our enterprise commercial and governmental customers.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at NOVEC