- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Class A CDL Driver
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports to: DFL Operations Manager
Job Summary: Drivers are responsible for the safe operation of their assigned, highly maintained, trucks delivering our Sure-Trac® products directly to our customers as well as hauling vehicles or other freight as back-hauls. Deliveries made to West Coast, East Coast, South while still having drivers home most weekends. Earning potential based on availability and commitment to drive.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Able to work in a team-oriented work environment.
- Report to work on time to support throughput goals.
- Ensure contents are properly secured on the truck to prevent breakage or damage.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Ensure you keep a clean DOT compliant truck.
- Notify DFL Operations Manager and dispatch of major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to Driving Force Logistics rules and regulations.
- Obey all traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions.
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations.
- Ensure timely deliveries.
- Able to communicate with customer(s) and meet arranged offload timing.
- Verify loads transported match the packing list/BOL.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment prior to driving and following each trip to ensure safety, as well as the operational effectiveness of equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma / GED, or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities in directly job-related experiences.
- CDL Class A with minimum of three  years of proven driving experience.
- A safe and clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Able to travel a minimum of three nights per week over-the-road.
- Able to understand and follow DOT regulations for safety and hours of service.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willing to submit a pre-employment background check and urine drug screen.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Novae, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Novae, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at NOVAE LLC