We are currently seeking commercial Engineering Technicians for several of our offices in the southeastern U.S. Primary duties will include performing QA/QC tests (soils, masonry, reinforced concrete, structural steel, post-tensioning, fireproofing, etc.). Some travel may be required, and the position will be predominately field located.
For these positions the employees will be providing quality assurance/quality control testing and ICC special inspection duties for commercial, retail, educational, low to high-rise, manufacturing, etc. construction projects. Successful candidates must perform on site observations/inspections to confirm compliance with the local building code and project contract documents, collect samples per ASTM & project requirements, perform specific QA/QC tests on construction materials and building components per ASTM, ACI, etc. standards, and maintain detail records of observations, inspections and test results. Work is generally performed unsupervised (i.e. employee is in the field as the Company’s representative) but under the direction of a Professional Engineer or Project Manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- ACI Level I (minimum) for concrete sampling/testing, or the ability to secure such
- ICC Certifications in Soils, Structural Concrete, Post-tensioning, Masonry, Fireproofing are a huge plus
- NICET Level II in soils, or the ability to secure such
- Radiation safety trained for the use of Nuclear Density Gauges, or the ability to secure such
- 1+ years’ experience performing multi-discipline special inspections & tests for ICC certified inspectors, or 0 – 3 years’ experience for degreed engineers
- The ability to read plans & specifications
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Valid State Driver’s license with clean driving record
Currently, NOVA employs 400+ personnel located in 18 offices throughout Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas. Our professional staff consists of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, ICC inspectors, certified inspectors for housing and urban development, building officials, laboratory specialists, NICET and ACI-certified technicians, AWS-certified welding inspectors, and specialty consultants.
NOVA Engineering & Environmental
Why Work Here?Since inception in 1996, NOVA quickly became an industry leader providing environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and inspections, plan review and code compliance, municipal/government outsourcing, and roofing/building envelope consulting services. As a result, our firm has developed successful business relationships and lasting friendships that span over the years. Currently, NOVA employs 430+ personnel located in 17 offices throughout Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas. Our professional staff consists of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, ICC inspectors, certified inspectors for housing and urban development, building officials, laboratory specialists, NICET and ACI-certified technicians, AWS-certified welding inspectors, and specialty consultants.
Fast growing organization with tons of upward mobility!