We are currently seeking a talented, enthusiastic and professional Business Development Associate for the Greenville/Spartanburg Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSA). The position will be predominately outside sales but will occasionally include office assignments in preparation of daily position responsibilities.
Your primary job responsibilities will be to:
- Sell NOVA’s services by calling on prospective and established Clients with the primary objective of meeting established sales goals, which are defined quarterly by management for each office and reported on the Weekly Proposal and Contract Summary sheets. This will include development of initial client and project assignment lists, subject to management approval. The list will be edited from time to time by management. These lists are to ensure sales focus by the Business Development Associate, but are not intended to limit the Associate’s efforts regarding other opportunities that are currently unforeseeable.
- Build relationships with assignments that result in proposal requests, which produce contract awards for NOVA based on management approved pricing.
- Assess market conditions and develop sales plans to capitalize on market trends, new industries, etc.
- Monitor competition and gather intelligence regarding client needs to better position the company to win major projects and to increase NOVA’s market share.
- Maintain high visibility in the market through active participation in industry functions, which will likely require work outside normal business hours.
- Consistently work with operational management to ensure that markets and clients pursued will align with the strategy of the office you are serving.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of client types which will result in a diverse work mix from both a service line and industry type standpoint.
- Diligently work to build and foster individual relationships and networks that will result in repeat work.
- Actively pursue project leads that you have identified through FW Dodge, BidClerk, LDI, Onvia, newspapers, the internet and other lead generation sources.
- Maintain records and prepare weekly reports that document recent and upcoming sales activities.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Education
- Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a closely related field
- 5-10 years’ experience required with degree, preferably 3 years’ relevant experience in related industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with dynamic, outgoing personality.
- Self-motivated, driven and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Valid State Driver’s license with clean driving record
Currently, NOVA employs 400+ personnel located in 18 offices throughout Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas. Our professional staff consists of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, ICC inspectors, certified inspectors for housing and urban development, building officials, laboratory specialists, NICET and ACI-certified technicians, AWS-certified welding inspectors, and specialty consultants.
NOVA Engineering & Environmental
Why Work Here?Since inception in 1996, NOVA quickly became an industry leader providing environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and inspections, plan review and code compliance, municipal/government outsourcing, and roofing/building envelope consulting services. As a result, our firm has developed successful business relationships and lasting friendships that span over the years. Currently, NOVA employs 400+ personnel located in 18 offices throughout Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas. Our professional staff consists of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, ICC inspectors, certified inspectors for housing and urban development, building officials, laboratory specialists, NICET and ACI-certified technicians, AWS-certified welding inspectors, and specialty consultants.
Fast growing organization with tons of upward mobility!