About NOV and RigTechnologies
National OilwellVarco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to theglobal oil and gas industry that supports customers full-field drilling,completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovationsthat improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmentalimpact of oil and gas operations.
NOV RigTechnologies makes and supports the worlds most advanced drilling solutions.With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packagesthinktop drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risersas well as completeland rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers operationalchallenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increasedautomation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close theindustry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drillingsolutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continuallypushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, andmost reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to powerthe industry that powers the world.
NOV RigTechnologies is currently recruiting for a Operations Manager to join our teamat our PES Facility, the main responsibilities of this role include\:
- Responsible for overall operations of Motor and Generator Assembly shop regarding manufacturing of products, including managing of resources, meeting delivery schedules and controlling costs.
- Responsible for personnel planning, training, performance evaluations, setting priorities, scheduling resources, maintaining utilization levels, delivering on schedule and meeting performance metrics.
- Responsible for budgeting of supplies and equipment.
- Work with Maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Materials and Test to resolve production issues and produce Motors and Generators on time and on budget.
- Work with Industrial Engineering to develop fixtures to improve safety and efficiency in Machining, Assembly and Testing of motors and generators.
- Ensure NOV Motors and Generators meet NOV drawings, quality standards and exceed customer expectations.
- Work with Order Management and Industrial Engineering to estimate the cost and lead time for repair quotes.
- Supervise proper operation of internal VPI process to ensure quality while managing cost.
- Take actions to prevent occurrence of nonconformities and resolve any problems as they arise.
- Coordinate with QA calibration of various dimensional inspection and electrical test instruments to insure quality and maintain process flow.
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement of products, processes and Department performance.
- Perform other work-related duties and/or projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies and promote a Safety Culture.
Education and Experience\:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5 years related work experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with other departments Materials, Manufacturing, Sales, Test, etc.