About NOV and RigTechnologies
National OilwellVarco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to theglobal oil and gas industry that supports customers full-field drilling,completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovationsthat improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmentalimpact of oil and gas operations.
NOV RigTechnologies makes and supports the worlds most advanced drilling solutions.With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packagesthinktop drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risersas well as completeland rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers operationalchallenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increasedautomation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close theindustry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drillingsolutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continuallypushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, andmost reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to powerthe industry that powers the world.
NOV RigTechnologies is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager to join ourteam at our PES Facility, the main responsibilities of this role include\:
- Responsible for overall operations of Sheet Metal Shop, Fabrication Shop, Machine Shop and Powder Coat Paint line regarding manufacturing of products, including managing of resources, meeting delivery schedules and controlling costs.
- Responsible for personnel planning, setting priorities, training, performance evaluations, scheduling resources, maintaining utilization levels, delivering on schedule and meeting performance metrics.
- Responsible for budgeting and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Work with Maintenance to ensure equipment is routinely maintained in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Materials, Production and Test to resolve issues and Fabricated and Machined parts on time and on budget.
- Look for opportunities to reduce cost on Engineered items by proposing design changes for manufacturability and labor/material cost reduction.
- Communicate with material suppliers on stock sizes to reduce waste, cost and time.
- Work with Planners in making Make versus Buy decisions to reduce costs. Help Planners Determine lot sizes for optimal material usage and efficiency.
- Quote Insourcing and Outsourcing opportunities to increase direct hours and optimize utilization of resources and reduce costs for NOV.
- Construct custom made to fit items for yard assemblies as needed.
- Design and construct fixtures as needed for special operations or to improve efficiency.
- Oversee NC programming of CNC punch and Laser to maximize material usage and prevent tool wear.
- Ensure all products meet NOV drawings, quality standards and exceed customer expectations.
- Take actions to prevent occurrence of nonconformities and resolve any problems as they arise.
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement of products, processes and Department performance.
- Perform other work-related duties and/or projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies and promote a Safety Culture.
- Promote Team Building activities.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5 years related work experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with other departments Materials, Manufacturing, Sales, Test, etc.
Responsible for Fabrication, Sheet Metal, Machine and Powder Coat Operations at the NOV Power and Electrical System (PES) facility